• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I put ARMS front and rear sights on mine. Having not even fired the weapon yet I have no idea how well they'll work. The bits that I'm able to find on the intertubes indicate they are good sights. Guess we'll find out if the front well melt on the gas block this weekend.

I've heard that ARMS are pretty much at the bottom of the quality ladder. On the other hand, I've also heard that there's a place on the web that will swap your ARMS sights for their own brand. I don't recall where I saw that though.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    You should have seen the price of these about 12 months ago......
    I just bought an M&P15 (model 811000) from Bud's and picked it up this week, and since then it's gone up from $953 (cash price) to $1011. Got mine just in time.

It's been a busy week so it will be a few days before I get a chance to clean 'er up and get to the range...

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've heard that ARMS are pretty much at the bottom of the quality ladder. On the other hand, I've also heard that there's a place on the web that will swap your ARMS sights for their own brand. I don't recall where I saw that though.

Yeah, I've head that about YHM sights as well, but I am very pleased with mine. They co-witness perfectly with my Eotech, and shoot to POA and once sighted in, I've never had to move them, even going to a .22 conversion bolt. I'm sure the ARMS will server very well for a first rifle. Such things can be up graded down the line as the shooter becomes familiar with the gear.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    CTD only had a few choices and the sales dude indicated he'd go with them too. Are Troy sights the 'good' ones?

What I'm not liking about the ARMS is that they only adjust left and right. No elevation.

Well, at least I'll have an excuse for not being able to hit anything but dirt.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    You should be able to adjust those to shoot just fine. Come out to the 29th shoot at Elm Fork and there will be plenty of people to help you out if you've got problems.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    CTD only had a few choices and the sales dude indicated he'd go with them too. Are Troy sights the 'good' ones?

What I'm not liking about the ARMS is that they only adjust left and right. No elevation.

Well, at least I'll have an excuse for not being able to hit anything but dirt.

The only rear sights for san AR that have elevation adjustment are non-folding sights, such as the carry handle. Elevation is adjusted by moving the post in the front sight. You can do it with a nail (or some other small-tipped device). They actually make a sight-adjustment tool just for that. The idea is to zero at 100 yards, and adjust your point of aim for ranges shorter/greater than that. That way, you're not dickin' around trying to adjust for elevation.

Top Bottom