• ...and so much more!
  • Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    What about using a turbo timer?

Get out of the vehicle with your keys but allows the motor to still run so the oil cools evenly and doesn't "coke".

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What about using a turbo timer?

Get out of the vehicle with your keys but allows the motor to still run so the oil cools evenly and doesn't "coke".

It doesn't stop tree huggers from yelling at you.

I have seen those kits but never saw the need personally. Usually I have guys traveling with me so my truck isn't unattended too often.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I may or may not have stopped traffic on major roads filling some douchebags car full of soot leaving a cloud so big traffic had to stop and my dad could see it from a mile in front of me...."I'll put some fuel in the tank dad stop yelling"

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Which one of you guys did this????? :rolleyes:

They must be gay. The idea of them talking to a friendly good looking woman dressed like that and not asking her to come take a ride in their boat says a lot to me. Notice no woman voices in that truck? Those guys probably going to a sausage fest.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Well..... the old timer ( I use that term NOT as a put down ) could have asked you to turn it off, and then given the reason for asking. Instead, he had to holler at ya and be an asshole. I always try to respect all my fellow man, especially my elders, that was how I was raised. Sometimes they sure do make it hard to do just so. Just because they are up in years does not entitle them to said respect. Probably did the best thing by just walking away

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I've seen people jack up their turbos after running em hard and then just turn off the truck. Its absolutely necessary to keep it the engine running so you can cycle cool oil through that hot turbo and let the metal properly retract with it cooling down. A minimum of 5 min is usually good but if its a hot day out, 10 min is probably good.

I would think if you explained this to any officer who is willing to be fair and logical, they would let it slide.
    Hook up a turbo timer, it will idle the motor for your preset duration and shut down. All while your keys are safely in your pocket.

edit. Oops didn't read the last page ;)

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    They're pretty cool. I worked at a performance shop in high school and they were great for prolonging the life of your turbo after running the car real hard.

PapaG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Near College Station
    The Ricers with turbos used turbo timers. I had a VW TDi diesel , but did not use one. I did flat pull a 2200 lbs autocross car behind it at times but it ran for a while when I go to the track. I had to check in, and stuff. But I did not have anything jacked up.... A lot of new cars if you fill them up with the engine running you will get a check engine light to come on. Then you need to have it cleared. I filled up at truck stops mostly. Not many fuel-gas stations had diesel then. I had a big round bar that I roiled the fuel inlet so the big nozzles would fit in it too. Some of the truck stops had smaller nozzles so the Mercedes and other cars could fill up. I could fill up at any pump. I miss that car. 48mpg 800 miles to a tank.

Top Bottom