• Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Seen this going around on Facebook:
    tire BS.jpg

"Gun lovers public service announcement: While I was in a Denver gun store today, my car was tagged on the wheel in the parking lot. The gangs do this on wheels or bumpers at gun stores, shooting ranges, gun shows etc. Later when you are parked at a restaurant, hotel, or other location that's less well guarded or under video surveillance, other gang members spot the marker and break into the car for a quick gun grab. This is so RAMPANT in San Antonio where we were for a National shoot this summer, the police chief of that county came out to brief the 400 participants of our competition. "

OEM tires on all new cars have these dots usually pink or yellow as a general marking point when installing them onto rims. It will generally line up near the valve stem (as seen in the picture). I call total BS on this absurd rumor of these being gang marking (but yet only appear on new(er) cars with OEM tires)
    Gun Zone Deals

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Seen this going around on Facebook:
    11791-gotta-call-total-bs-one-tire-bs.jpg

"Gun lovers public service announcement: While I was in a Denver gun store today, my car was tagged on the wheel in the parking lot. The gangs do this on wheels or bumpers at gun stores, shooting ranges, gun shows etc. Later when you are parked at a restaurant, hotel, or other location that's less well guarded or under video surveillance, other gang members spot the marker and break into the car for a quick gun grab. This is so RAMPANT in San Antonio where we were for a National shoot this summer, the police chief of that county came out to brief the 400 participants of our competition. "

OEM tires on all new cars have these dots usually pink or yellow as a general marking point when installing them onto rims. It will generally line up near the valve stem (as seen in the picture). I call total BS on this absurd rumor of these being gang marking (but yet only appear on new(er) cars with OEM tires)

Yep. That's the heavy spot on the tire, which is why you line it up with the valve stem (usually the wheel's light point). More and more, there's another dot on the inside edge, usually in a different spot because tires are dynamically balanced these days.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    If its true I say lets setup a bait car with some nice SBR's or AR's, and when they come to break in. SPRAY EM. lol

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Of course its BS. They don't need to mark the tires, THEY JUST LOOK FOR THE NRA STICKERS

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Gang membership 101: member shall hold traditional job to disguise gang related activities

Top Bottom