• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHE1956

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2020
    Comfort, TX
    Call me John. Real name; an alias would be more original. My wife and I just moved into a development near Comfort in February. I retired from the Federal Government after 35 years service (NASA, Army civilian, and active duty Navy) last summer. For me, this was coming home. I grew up in Texas and graduated from Memorial High School in Houston in 74. I always planned to retire to the Hill Country and made that happen. I started shooting with a Daisy BB Gun at age 8. My dad was a Chosin Reservoir Marine and taught me to shoot the way they taught him at Parris Island in 48 (I still stick my elbow out "chicken wing" style.)

Over the years I have dabbled in a number of things, but mostly I enjoy skeet, and pistol shooting. I am also a collector. I have had a C&R license for 7 years now and mostly collect the service rifles and pistols of the major combatants of the World Wars, as well as Korea and the Middle East wars. I also collect 19th century antiques, particularly guns that are associated with the old west (but wouldn't turn up my nose at a Zulu War Martini). Am on the lookout for sources of guns to add to my collections.

I am also a pretty decent photographer, a retired Navy Reserve intelligence officer, and an avid traveler. I love to walk the ground at old battlefields and have toured dozens from Guadalcanal to the Ardennes to the Valley of Tears in the Golan. Hope we will be able to travel soon. Still a lot of places on my bucket list.
    Capitol Armory ad

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    My dad was a Chosin Reservoir Marine and taught me to shoot the way they taught him at Parris Island in 48 (I still stick my elbow out "chicken wing" style.)

Howdy

Spring Branch Sr High, '61, when that area was still way out in the country.

Dad, a WWII veteran, taught me to shoot the same way.
    Still prefer it, and the Army didn't seem to care how I accomplished the job. ;)
    Welcome!

Top Bottom