• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I know you're being facetious, but you do know the meaning of friable and non-friable right?
    +30yrs asbestos consultant, finally learned that last week. :p

Not sure what friabilty has to do with my previous comment though, and . . . both schools had both types.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    +30yrs asbestos consultant, finally learned that last week. :p

Not sure what friabilty has to do with my previous comment though, and . . . both schools had both types.
    Just saying that asbestos is perfectly safe until it becomes friable, and I wasn't sure if you were aware of that. Many places still have asbestos that doesn't need to be removed.

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Just saying that asbestos if perfectly safe until it becomes friable, and I wasn't sure if you were aware of that. Many places still have asbestos that doesn't need to be removed.
    We almost agree. Intact friable material is safe too, it's just more readily made airborne. Asbestos is safe until it is airborne, shorter than @5 microns and enters "your" lungs.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Welcome from the Ft Hood area.
    Don't worry about those two. The only thing they are aware of is how to stir up trouble.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    We almost agree. Intact friable material is safe too, it's just more readily made airborne. Asbestos is safe until it is airborne, shorter than @5 microns and enters "your" lungs.
    Well, if it was friable I would prefer to have it encapsulated. I wasn't aware you worked with it, that's why I asked in my first comment. I'll be on the governments asbestos watch program the rest of my life.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Howdy. We usually have a SAT area monthly lunch you’d be welcome to attend. Generally speaking we find a place in the I-10/1604 area, probably 30 mins from your location.

Head over the Sisterdale and tryout Blackboard BBQ; plan ahead and stop at Sister Creek Winery and do the tasting first.

There’s also a Great Texas BBQ review thread around here somewhere that we keep somewhat up to date, but it’s not location specific.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Spring Branch Bears ‘70.
    Been in Kerr county for 40yrs.
    Welcome to the Hill Country.
    http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.jpg

Attachments

• http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.jpg
      http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.jpg
      61.8 KB · Views: 237

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Haven't found it yet, but Fritzie's on the north end on Boerne is pretty good.

Frtize’s is reviewed in the Great BBQ thread. BL: pass on the sausage, it’s ground too fine and a bit mushy. Otherwise good food all around. Lunch specials abound, have yet to experience the prime rib special.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Frankly I probably got more asbestos exposure in two years on USS NIMITZ.
    That's a big motorboat, how many outboards does it have?
    I've never been at sea, not sure I could handle not being able to 'leave' when I wanted to.

Just like lead from gas or paint, we've all been exposed. The question is, was it enough to cause adverse health effects.

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    Call me John. Real name; an alias would be more original. My wife and I just moved into a development near Comfort in February. I retired from the Federal Government after 35 years service (NASA, Army civilian, and active duty Navy) last summer. For me, this was coming home. I grew up in Texas and graduated from Memorial High School in Houston in 74. I always planned to retire to the Hill Country and made that happen. I started shooting with a Daisy BB Gun at age 8. My dad was a Chosin Reservoir Marine and taught me to shoot the way they taught him at Parris Island in 48 (I still stick my elbow out "chicken wing" style.)

Over the years I have dabbled in a number of things, but mostly I enjoy skeet, and pistol shooting. I am also a collector. I have had a C&R license for 7 years now and mostly collect the service rifles and pistols of the major combatants of the World Wars, as well as Korea and the Middle East wars. I also collect 19th century antiques, particularly guns that are associated with the old west (but wouldn't turn up my nose at a Zulu War Martini). Am on the lookout for sources of guns to add to my collections.

I am also a pretty decent photographer, a retired Navy Reserve intelligence officer, and an avid traveler. I love to walk the ground at old battlefields and have toured dozens from Guadalcanal to the Ardennes to the Valley of Tears in the Golan. Hope we will be able to travel soon. Still a lot of places on my bucket list.
    Welcome!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    It’s on N Main, just south of School St on the west side of the road. Friday and Saturday nights they have complete Prime Rib dinners for $14 or 2 for $25, haven’t tried it yet, but they get good reviews on it.

Desire to know more intensifies.

Top Bottom