• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    But beware we have "range bums" here. Avoid @Moonpie as he will ply you with glocks and once you let him shoot he will never leave.

Also good to know :D

You'd think there'd be at least one glock in this house - but I asked, and got a resounding No. I'll leave it to y'all to jaw over that; I like revolvers and my little shotgun. :)

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Ok - since @Coiled is spreading rumors about me finding him in a scratch n dent bin (lol) this is how TxPython357 and I ended up together. :)

His wife had died in early 2020. He can speak to that, or not.

I was widowed and living in Sandpoint ID back in 2015 when I met & married Tom. He owned a mountain, up north of Diamond Lake, WA, and we lived up there off-grid, remote. Tom was killed in June 2021 (swarm of hornets, died in my arms 2 min later). Suddenly finding myself alone, and unarmed, I went to the closest pawn shop and bought a Mossberg .410 pump. With no one to show me anything, I figured it out, shot it a few times, and it came in handy scaring off the plentiful coyotes.

I spent the rest of the summer prepping for winter; gathering wood (7cord), stocking up food/supplies/etc as it was likely I'd be snowed in, alone, for up to 4 months. Not really wanting to do that, cause it's a long time cold before dead if something happened, I tried to find someone local to stay in the guest cabin over winter..without luck.

By the first of October time was running out - so I asked in the small forum (Outdoor Trading Post) I'd been a member of for years if anyone was interested and there was this crazy cowboy in Katy Texas who thought he might be. He called, we started talking and things progressed from there. We decided it made more sense for me to winter over in Katy - so before the first snows I closed down the mountain, loaded a few things in my Outback, (the .410, my dog, a few clothes/keepsakes/files) and drove the 2108 miles in 3 days.

Crazy? Maybe. But we'd known each other through the forum for a very long time - and, being of similar mind, knew we'd get along okay - plus it would give me time to figure out what I wanted to do next... about the mountain, about my life. When we finally met face to face, everything kinda changed because we both really liked what we saw (lol) and over time, well not that much time, everything got really good and we've been together ever since. :)

Ok - that's our story, and the OP in this thread picks it up from there.

Last edited:

TxPython357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Spuger, TX
    Ok - since @Coiled is spreading rumors about me finding him in a scratch n dent bin (lol) this is how TxPython357 and I ended up together. :)

His wife had died in early 2020. He can speak to that, or not.

I was widowed and living in Sandpoint ID back in 2015 when I met & married Tom. He owned a mountain, up north of Diamond Lake, WA, and we lived up there off-grid, remote. Tom was killed in June 2021 (swarm of hornets, died in my arms 2 min later). Suddenly finding myself alone, and unarmed, I went to the closest pawn shop and bought a Mossberg .410 pump. With no one to show me anything, I figured it out, shot it a few times, and it came in handy scaring off the plentiful coyotes.

I spent the rest of the summer prepping for winter; gathering wood (7cord), stocking up food/supplies/etc as it was likely I'd be snowed in, alone, for up to 4 months. Not really wanting to do that, cause it's a long time cold before dead if something happened, I tried to find someone local to stay in the guest cabin over winter..without luck.

By the first of October time was running out - so I asked in the small forum (Outdoor Trading Post) I'd been a member of for years if anyone was interested and there was this crazy cowboy in Katy Texas who thought he might be. He called, we started talking and things progressed from there. We decided it made more sense for me to winter over in Katy - so before the first snows I closed down the mountain, loaded a few things in my Outback, (the .410, my dog, a few clothes/keepsakes/files) and drove the 2108 miles in 3 days.

Crazy? Maybe. But we'd known each other through the forum for a very long time - and, being of similar mind, knew we'd get along okay - plus it would give me time to figure out what I wanted to do next... about the mountain, about my life. When we finally met face to face, everything kinda changed because we both really liked what we saw (lol) and over time, well not that much time, everything got really good and we've been together ever since. :)

Ok - that's our story, and the OP in this thread picks it up from there.
    It couldn't have worked out better after losing my wife of 26 years and her husband of 6 years. Us coming together fixed both of us and I consider myself lucky to have found love again. I thought I was done with that and I would go it alone, but MG had other ideas. :cool:

So she decided to drive down here to meet me. Funny story, as I was still working I was driving in from Dallas. So I decided rather then her getting tangled up in Houston trying to find my house I told her Hempstead was a good place to meet and she could follow me into the city from there. There is only one McDonald's in the town and it was easy to find, we would meet there. I was early and talking her in, standing next to my truck in the parking lot, when around the corner here she comes, bat out of hell, full blast, and straight at me. She comes to a screeching halt right in front of me, jumping out of the car and hugging me. Me? I am thinking what crazy ass women have I gotten tangled up with. :confused:

Anyways, as she said, we were both members of long standing in two forums (2014-2015) so we knew one another and had many of the same beliefs and convictions. We were both preppers to one degree or another, both conservative, both had misgivings about the direction of this country and who is running things. We see eye to eye on politics, our rights, our privacy, guns, food, booze and.......well, you get the idea. It was a perfect fit.

So, here we are in East Texas, retired, owing nothing, and enjoying life.

THE END

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    It couldn't have worked out better after losing my wife of 26 years and her husband of 6 years. Us coming together fixed both of us and I consider myself lucky to have found love again. I thought I was done with that and I would go it alone, but MG had other ideas. :cool:

So she decided to drive down here to meet me. Funny story, as I was still working I was driving in from Dallas. So I decided rather then her getting tangled up in Houston trying to find my house I told her Hempstead was a good place to meet and she could follow me into the city from there. There is only one McDonald's in the town and it was easy to find, we would meet there. I was early and talking her in, standing next to my truck in the parking lot, when around the corner here she comes, bat out of hell, full blast, and straight at me. She comes to a screeching halt right in front of me, jumping out of the car and hugging me. Me? I am thinking what crazy ass women have I gotten tangled up with. :confused:

Anyways, as she said, we were both members of long standing in two forums (2014-2015) so we knew one another and had many of the same beliefs and convictions. We were both preppers to one degree or another, both conservative, both had misgivings about the direction of this country and who is running things. We see eye to eye on politics, our rights, our privacy, guns, food, booze and.......well, you get the idea. It was a perfect fit.

THE END
    Just my opinion, but both of you seem to bring a large dose of what fueled the spirit that made this country possible. Gumbo for the soul ... and a great story. Thanks!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

THE END

That’s a love story I’m familiar with. Lost my wife of 36 years in 2019. Dating a lady widowed after 30 years.

We just kind of get each other. We’ve been respectful of each other’s grief. And been there for each other on the hard days.

Happy for you both.

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    WE ALL DO!!!!!
    Whoa man, you're gonna spook her! We gotta get 1 or 2 in then THEY leave the gate open for the rest of us.

tenor.gif

TxPython357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Spuger, TX
    That’s a love story I’m familiar with. Lost my wife of 36 years in 2019. Dating a lady widowed after 30 years.

We just kind of get each other. We’ve been respectful of each other’s grief. And been there for each other on the hard days.

Happy for you both.
    Yep, It's hard enough to find one good woman let alone 2. We are fortunate.

Top Bottom