• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    ignorant people are the only ones, who would think I said vote for davis. he's a politician trying to get elected. You don't think he'll pander to a audience?

I guess if I run for Gov and announce I am for OC too, ignorant folks will think I am pandering too since after all I am politician trying to get elected.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    can we get him to issue an opinion to LEOs in Texas to stop arresting people OCing long guns then?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    We have CC herein Texas for all firearms except handguns. Sure it scares some. But it is legal. All we need to do is add handguns to the list and we have every firearm covered.

if it's legal then why do people keep getting arrested for it? please explain that. Now, they are getting charged with Disorderly Conduct, but only because they are open carrying a long gun in public

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    can we get him to issue an opinion to LEOs in Texas to stop arresting people OCing long guns then?

Can you name anyone who was arrested for carrying long guns?

The 2 arrests I am aware of were folks engaged DO or Interfering with an LEO.

Any arrests at Starbucks? How about the hundreds who OC'd at Alamo last year? Just because you are OC'ing does not mean get a free pass to break other laws.

Seems the cops are only arresting the A-holes who are asking to be arrested.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    if it's legal then why do people keep getting arrested for it? please explain that. Now, they are getting charged with Disorderly Conduct, but only because they are open carrying a long gun in public

Were you there? How do you know they were not acting DO?

How do you explain the tens of thousands of other folks who do not get arrested?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Can you name anyone who was arrested for carrying long guns?

The 2 arrests I am aware of were folks engaged DO or Interfering with an LEO.

Any arrests at Starbucks? How about the hundreds who OC'd at Alamo last year? Just because you are OC'ing does not mean get a free pass to break other laws.

Seems the cops are only arresting the A-holes who are asking to be arrested.
    Andrews TX
    Man Arrested for Openly Carrying Rifle, Andrews Police Chief Spe - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

there is no report in the Andrews case that the man carrying was doing anything wrong but he caused a public alarm by carrying and was charged with DC. The chief said they were not notified in advance

Beaumont
    Arrested for disturbing the peace
    http://www.inquisitr.com/1087298/te...rested-for-carrying-ar-15-into-shopping-mall/
    "According to the officer’s statements, even though Poe may have been in compliance with state gun laws, he broke disturbing the peace statutes because of the reaction by mall shoppers."

and as much as I don't care for Grisham, TPD said on tape he was being harassed for "Rudely displaying a firearm"

what the hell is that?
    Grisham had the thing on a sling until the man tried to rip it off his chest

so, is carrying a long gun in public "legal" or not?

yes, it's legal, as long as some whiny ass cock sucker doesn't get upset and dial 911 because he feels unsafe

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

was he interfering with police by walking down the county road with his son and an AR? No and that's what started the whole thing, Ennis tried to disarm him..
    watch the tape and listen to what Ennis tells him the reason he was being detained and searched and it is NOT for interfering with police.
    Play the video and come back and tell me what Ennis told Grisham....

If you open carry a long gun in Texas you risk being arrested and being charged with Disorderly Conduct or Disturbing the Peace
    If you don't think so, then load up your rifle right now and go for a walk and tell us how it works out for you.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    was he interfering with police by walking down the county road with his son and an AR? No and that's what started the whole thing, Ennis tried to disarm him..
    watch the tape and listen to what Ennis tells him the reason he was being detained and searched and it is NOT for interfering with police.
    Play the video and come back and tell me what Ennis told Grisham....

If you open carry a long gun in Texas you risk being arrested and being charged with Disorderly Conduct or Disturbing the Peace
    If you don't think so, then load up your rifle right now and go for a walk and tell us how it works out for you.

Life is tough, it is tougher when you are stupid as Grisham found out.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Life is tough, it is tougher when you are stupid as Grisham found out.

please listen to the video and tell me the reason Ennis told Grisham he was being detained and searched.
    it's at the 1:30 mark on the original video.

hint.. it wasn't for being stupid or interfering with police...

I'll be waiting for your reply

Last edited:

pixel5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    please listen to the video and tell me the reason Ennis told Grisham he was being detained and searched.

hint.. it wasn't for being stupid or interfering with police...

I'll be waiting for your reply

I have to agree with this one. The officer told him he was displaying the weapon in a threatening manner and disturbing the peace. The whole situation is pretty messed up, especially considering that he owned a dang gun shop inside the mall. People probably walked in and out all the time with trade-ins and new purchases of AR-15s.

EDIT: When he asked the officer how carrying it on his back was displaying it in a threatening manner, the officer basically told him to shut up and stop arguing.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    There it is , by your own words even. The arrest is for DO or DP, not OC. I am glad you finally get it.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    In and of itself, being detained and searched is not arrested. Harassed maybe, but not arrested. What charge was he arrested on?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    so, if he didn't have the gun would he have been stopped?
    Did you read my post #35? Being stopped and being arrested are 2 different things. If you OC you may or may not be detained and searched. Many aren't, some are.

But whether you like it or not, the police do have to respond to DC of PD complaints. And if you are detained and searched, or harassed, however you want to view it, you then get the chance to do something stupid that will get you arrested.

Top Bottom