• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2017
    DFW
    Hi Gang,

Would anybody be able to suggest value of an average condition GSG 522 in the Nickel finish? These were limited product and I can't really find much out there to compare.

I have a post lawsuit edition, but similar to the photo below.

Thanks

gsg522-62305_02.jpg

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Pretty cool looking. I have one but it's camo with the bigger fake suppressor. Paid about $300 used with 7 mags and a soft case.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    There were two models, the GSG-5 and the GSG-522. Plus another model from Walther I believe. The Walther gun is licensed by HK. The original GSG-5 had some patent infringements and had to be redesigned as the GSG-522. I'm pretty sure something from the GSG-5 was a direct copy from the original MP-5 and this led to the redesign.

That's all I found out when I was looking for a new stock. I was able to find one for my GSG-522 on Amazon for $35± but still haven't ordered it... It's collapsible 4 position like the original MP-5. I was thinking it so my small daughter's can shoot it easier.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That's nice, but I don't see it being worth more than $350-400 tops.

I have both a GSG-5 and a GSG-522, I think for the most part they are interchangeable other than a few cosmetic differences due to the lawsuit. More about them here...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/11/joe-grine/gun-review-german-sport-guns-gsg-522-sd/

They are fun range toys but that's about it. They never really elevated in popularity and/or price due to the reliability issues that affected both models.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Yep. Unreliable. I get between 3 and 10 light strikes per magazine. I did actually contact the mfg and received a new hammer spring but haven't put it in yet.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    My -5 gives me more trouble than my -522, but since they're both range toys I don't worry about it too much. Certain ammo also works better than others (and I'm not just talking about CCI, but that stuff does work well in them!)...

Top Bottom