• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    ... was testing a new ammo for reliability to use for EDC. [It did not pass.] First round failed to eject. Had a squib a while back so FTEs bother me. Dropped mag, cleared chamber, and pulled the slide to check for obstructions; all clear. Second round chambered but jarred me hard when it fired. The large ball of fire exiting the ejection port was also bothersome. The barrel had split as well as part of the slide. Casing is still jammed inside.. Slide came off track from the lower and is immovable. It's now basically a paper weight.

Once this is resolved with ammo mfg, I'll post more details.

Maybe due to the depression of loosing one of my favorites (was also my first) I acted on a sale at my LGS. Had been wanting a wheel gun for a while and price on this was quite right. Today was first time firing a 357mag, it has a very respectable recoil...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    It was a brand name. I feel like I should wait to see how they react before I give out any specifics.

Yea, luckily there were no injuries.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    So how did you check to make sure you didn't have a squib as it sounds like a squib to me? Your post is confusing because you are talking about a pistol and then a revolver.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There's a lot of variables to worry about pointing fingers just yet, so I understand your desire to not. But in the same light, saying what the combo was doesn't automatically assign blame either.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    So how did you check to make sure you didn't have a squib as it sounds like a squib to me? Your post is confusing because you are talking about a pistol and then a revolver.
    That's the obstruction I was checking for when I pulled the slide, barrel was clear.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Sorry, did not mean to frustrate you guys, I'm kind of in an odd mood over this and kind of just venting. I want to explain exactly what brands were involved but not until it's resolved one way or the other. In hind sight I probably should have waited.

I'm excited over the new wheel, which is a Taurus 65 357mag. Had the other gun not blown up, I probably would not have impulse bought, still it was a good price. Started out with 38spcl and then to 357mag. Definitely a noticable difference in those two rounds. 357mag is much more noticable than my 10mm, now that I've shot both. The long trigger pull will take getting used to; when precooked, trigger has an almost too lite pull. Was more accurate when precocked.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Sorry, did not mean to frustrate you guys, I'm kind of in an odd mood over this and kind of just venting. I want to explain exactly what brands were involved but not until it's resolved one way or the other. In hind sight I probably should have waited.

I'm excited over the new wheel, which is a Taurus 65 357mag. Had the other gun not blown up, I probably would not have impulse bought, still it was a good price. Started out with 38spcl and then to 357mag. Definitely a noticable difference in those two rounds. 357mag is much more noticable than my 10mm, now that I've shot both. The long trigger pull will take getting used to; when precooked, trigger has an almost too lite pull. Was more accurate when precocked.

source.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom