• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    ... you may need to get a date... or ice cubes. :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I get your hesitation to share, but telling us isn't going to change how a company takes care of you. Either there is a real problem with either the gun or ammo (that you said It's carry ammo is particularly concerning) or it was a simple mistake (mixing high pressure ammo and a gun that lacks full chamber support)

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    This is like waiting on the sequel.

19800714-750-0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    I get your hesitation to share, but telling us isn't going to change how a company takes care of you. Either there is a real problem with either the gun or ammo (that you said It's carry ammo is particularly concerning) or it was a simple mistake (mixing high pressure ammo and a gun that lacks full chamber support)

D@rn, I hate it when people use logic and a sound argument...

It was a Gen 3 Glock 22 with an Alpha Wolf conversion barrel for 357sig. It's been running fine like this for several years without issue. I decided to try Corbon 125gr JHP to see how they run. First round was a Failure To Eject. I disassembled the firearm and checked the bore for obstructions (squib) but all was clear. I reassembled and charged second round. That one jarred me hard and I had a feeling something not normal had happened even before I saw the damage. Thankfully I was not physically injured...
    Clipboard01.jpg

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
      Clipboard01.jpg
      32.3 KB · Views: 484

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    D@rn, I hate it when people use logic and a sound argument...

It was a Gen 3 Glock 22 with an Alpha Wolf conversion barrel for 357sig. It's been running fine like this for several years without issue. I decided to try Corbon 125gr JHP to see how they run. First round was a Failure To Eject. I disassembled the firearm and checked the bore for obstructions (squib) but all was clear. I reassembled and charged second round. That one jarred me hard and I had a feeling something not normal had happened even before I saw the damage. Thankfully I was not physically injured... View attachment 197155

Wow. I'm not familiar with corbon, but its my understanding that they make some rather hot ammo? Combo of hot ammo and poorly made (or worn out) barrel is my guess.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The 125 JHP specs state an average of 1425fps and 564fp, that's respectable but not overboard.

I wouldn't do this unless you have no other recourse, but get a bullet puller and a nice scale, and weigh the separate components of each of the remaining rounds.

Did you happen to save the case of the round that you thought was a squib?

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I would have guessed garbage russian ammo but doesn't appear to be the case.

At least the manufacturer is over here where you can contact them.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    I wouldn't do this unless you have no other recourse, but get a bullet puller and a nice scale, and weigh the separate components of each of the remaining rounds.

Did you happen to save the case of the round that you thought was a squib?

I'm really not touching anything until I hear from the mfg. I have what's left of the ammo and the gun.

The FTE is one confirmed error point. It did not occur to me to save it at the time and when the big bang happened I sort of got preoccupied with the stretch marks on my Glock. I do however have the one that failed and good luck getting it out...

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Dont take apart the ammo but weigh each round you have left of that lot and record it. You wont have to take it apart to notice a double charge.

I've noticed Corbon like to set back. Bullets working them selves back in the case. That wouldn't cause a kaboom but it will raise the pressure at ignition. Probably insignificant but I dont carry it as my primary carry ammo any more and am shooting thru it.

Last edited:

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Dont take apart the ammo but weigh each round you have left of that lot and record it. You wont have to take it apart to notice a double charge.

I've noticed Corbon like to set back. Bullets working them selves back in the case. That wouldn't cause a kaboom but it will raise the pressure at ignition. Probably insignificant but I dont carry it as my primary carry ammo any more and am shooting thru it.

Bullet and case weight can effect the over all weight, which is why components need to be measured separately

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Bullet and case weight can effect the over all weight, which is why components need to be measured separately
    You're talking a couple grains on new manufactured, case and bullet, factory ammo. A double charge will stand out.

The point is he cant pull it apart or corbon will say you destroyed any evidence go pound sand. Video recording his weighing and recording each round is Prudent and may answer questions.

I hope the barrel maker replaces his gun. Glock will say sorry you were using after market parts. I think corbon will say the same thing and nothing was wrong with their ammo. Another reason to weigh it since they will aske for the rest back to test.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Just 2 points:

1. was the FTE somehow the cause? you mention pulling the slide to check for obstruction in op. did you mean bbl?
    (nm, your second description states you field stripped to inspect)

2. how similar in size is Corbon’s 40 S&W? If one got into their box at the factory... is it possible you loaded it? will a 357sig even chamber a 40sw?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom