• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    no brand allegiance here (same with caliber) - if I think I'll like it, I'll get it - no regrets on any I've bought

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    YUP. My brand loyalty in firearms is in exactly this order.
    1. - The firearm I have in my hand at the moment
    2. - All others
    3. - Those that have failed me in one way or another and those I've learned through whatever experience(s) are not for me or I don't like

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I am loyal to S&W, Glock, Beretta, Ruger, Winchester, Browning, Armalite, Springfield, Mossberg ....

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I buy whatever looks neat to own from any reputable manufacturer.

I'm like Ben, open to just about anything as long as the company doesn't have a history of turning out unsafe or out-of-spec garbage: Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorn, Olympic, Jimenez/Jennings, Century, Speshul Weapons, etc...

I got a manufacturer shitlist rather than a company favorites list.

Last edited:

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Glock, for the simple fact that I've never had a jam with my G19 (knock on wood), much less any other issue thus far. I love Remington despite what TGT folks think about the company. I try to look past all the PC bullshit and focus on the firearm at hand and its performance. Hopefully one day I'll be able to expand my loyalty to Ruger or Kimber when I decide on a 1911.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    I'm not brand loyal per se' on pistols but I do have more Glocks than anything. 1911's I prefer Dan Wesson, Sig and STI. I do want a high end custom (Wilson, Baer, etc) one day.

Rifles I'm partial to Rem 700 or 700 pattern customs.

Shotguns - meh I have Remington, Mossberg, Rossi and Benelli.

I prefer higher end ARs. I currently have Colt, Noveske and Alexander Arms.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    I'm partial to Ruger's, probably because my second pistol was a Mark III. I have a irrational love of HiPowers because it was my first.

I like Mossberg shotguns because of the thumb safety. And yes, my first shotgun was a 500 pump combo.

Hmmm, I'm seeing a trend here...

I've gotten to the point where I buy what I like though, if that happens to be a Ruger I'll buy it, but it doesn't have to be. I'm am getting to the point of caliber consolidation though, so my scope of possibilities is narrowing.

cdurbin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Im pretty loyal to FN. Beyond them I am pretty partial about my Weatherby, CZ or XDm pistols

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Texas
    Our allegiance lies with proven weapons, parts, ammo, don't know till you've run them enough to trust them..

But the wife prefers Ruger over SW, I like both..

She prefers Sig over Glock, but we carry both..

She will never say no to a .45, and prefers my T3 over all else..

We both enjoy building custom guns, PDW's, RMR Glocks, ect. It's cheaper too!

So there are certain part manufactures we do have an allegiance too, Magpul, SI, Trijicon, ect.. But who wouldn't want the best if their life depended on it?

To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace! Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Last edited:

MrBigIron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Due to recent observations, I wouldn't buy a Bersa .380. But if you have one that works flawlessly then good on ya. I wouldn't buy an old, chrome Jennings pistol. I wouldn't buy a Hi Point pistol. And I'm sure there are a few more. I wouldn't buy Les Baer, Benelli, Turnbull, Purdey, Barrett, LaRue, Sako or McMillan simply because I haven't hit the lottery yet.

But I'd buy Rugers, Winchesters, Remingtons, Marlins, Springfields, Romanian AKs, U.S. AKs, Rock River Arms, Bushmaster, Rock Island Armory, East German Makarovs, Glock, Sig, S&W, Colt, Uberti, or just about anything else that I decided was of good quality, in good condition, and reasonably priced. I just love guns (don't we all).

Fred B.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I find myself more anti-certain guns than I do a fanboy of any one gun brand. For example, I'm not a fan of Kel-Tec, Hi-point, Glock, or Ruger pistols. I don't HATE Ruger or Glock...they're just very low on my chart of interests. Kel-Tec and Hi-point just seem very cheeply made to me. I'm also not a big fan of Mossberg rifles, but I LOVE their shotguns.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I'm not a fan of Kel-Tec, Hi-point, Glock, or Ruger pistols.

Blasphemy! :eek:

Just kidding.

I do agree, despite me owning a Glock. I have no particular allegiance to it. I reckon that when I get a 1911 in the near future, my love for it will surpass my Glock or any other hand gun out there. You just can't beat that sleek All-'Murican design
    :flag: :twin:

That being said, I just want a gun that performs as it should with accuracy, minimal jams, and can be thrown around i.e. Glock or any other tried and true brand. I don't discriminate :shades:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom