• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ervdrvr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Harker Heights
    Winchester levers, bolts, shotguns. Colt revolvers, 1911's, AR's. I'm a huge fan of the genius of John Moses Browning and Eugene Stoner. So pretty much Winchester, Colt and Belgium Browning/FNH.
    ARJ Defense ad

Raylocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2014
    I have preferences I guess. I own multiple Noveske ARs and Glocks. I want to own another Wilson Combat eventually.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    We won't tell anybody! :green:

Speak for yourself, I'ma go tell all of my friends and neighbors that there's a guy on TGT who admitted to liking Hi-Points!

Anyway, I just tallied up my guns and I officially have more SIGs than anything. So I guess I'm a SIG guy. Remington a close second because of my 870s.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I started out as a Ruger fanboy back in the 70's. I have since learned that S&W, Springfield, Remington, Colt, and Glock also make some fine weapons. So, I'm not really stuck on any one brand any more.

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    I really like my Beretta 92, but seemed to have come down with Glock fever for some reason maybe it will pass and I will recover[smile]
    Best/joe

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Only real allegiance I have is on Savage bolt guns. Everything else is a mix of high and mid range stuff of different brands.

Some have certain guns I wouldn't buy, and others I'd love to have. I think limiting yourself to a specific brand causes you to miss out on some great guns, except with Savage because they have better bolt guns than anyone else. Better in every way.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Only real allegiance I have is on Savage bolt guns. Everything else is a mix of high and mid range stuff of different brands.

Some have certain guns I wouldn't buy, and others I'd love to have. I think limiting yourself to a specific brand causes you to miss out on some great guns, except with Savage because they have better bolt guns than anyone else. Better in every way.
    Agreed. Savage is about the best going for value and accuracy. Well, until you want to spend on a custom rifle. You couldn't give me most any other factory bolt guns.

FNH is one brand that I really trust. Everything I have owned from them has been great. They just make good products.

I also love my Glocks, Ruger wheel guns, and Benelli shotguns. They are my go to brands when buying.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I'm opposite on my rifles I'll reach for a Remington or Winchester and that's it beides a mauser.

Handguns is a bit different as I like the 1911 patern and there are plenty of quality options out there. Wheel guns are S&W or Ruger although I will have a Freedom Arms before too long.

Shotguns are dependent on type and range from the 3 B's to Remington, Winchester and a few others.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    I'll add Springfield Armory to my list. The Croats did it right with the XD series. Their other offerings seem to be excellent, if expensive.

Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    Same here. I like S&W as a rule, for sidearms, and my AR. I like Norinco SKS', but I also have a Romy. I like Savage, K31, and Mauser bolt actions, just about any lever act, or shot gun (Although, I've had REAL good luck with the NEF "Pardner" series of shotguns), and Marlin or Cricket, for a .22.

I had a REAL bad experience with a Mini-14, and haven't owned a Ruger since.

Can't just seem to bring myself to purchase a Ruger, unless it's a revolver (Don't currently own a Ruger revolver).

These are just preferences. I'll take any reputable, reliable, firearm thats cheap enough, or free.

Last edited:

CDF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    N. of ATX
    I have no particular brand loyalty unless we are talking revolvers.
    I only shoot Dan Wesson revolvers since almost any issue can be addressed easily at home, or on the range, and they are usually quite accurate.
    They offer painless cylinder to barrel adjustment, easy and inexpensive barrel only replacement, and barrel/shroud options from 2"- 15" without buying another complete firearm.
    I consider the Dan Wesson to be the AR of the revolver world. If you want a longer/shorter barrel, you just change the upper, so to speak. If you want a 2" for a carry gun but prefer a 6" or 8" barrel for the range, with a couple hundred dollars and 5 minutes of your time, you can have both.
    If it weren't for these options, I wouldn't have brand loyalty with revolvers either.

With rifles, pistols, and shotguns, I am more likely NOT TO BUY due to the manufacturer rather than buy because of the manufacturer. As long as it feels right, it's well made and isn't known to be junk, brand isn't terribly important to me.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    Not me, I have had Springfield and Winchester shotguns. Loved my grandfather's Browning A-5 Light 12 and his Winchester model 21. I also have a Cimarron F.A. Model 1897 Winchester Copy.

I have had S&W pistols(2), Colt, Star, Charter and Ruger. So far so good.
    I have had a model 70 Winchester and now have a Savage with the Accu-Trigger. Nice trigger.

I buy what feels good to my hand and has a rep for reliability.:cool:

dwsintxs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2013
    Addison, TX
    I have 2 Sigs (238 and 938), 1 Kimber (1911 Ultra Carry II .45 acp), 2 S&W (Shield 9mm and Performance Center 1911 .45 acp SC-e), 2 Rugers (LCP and LC9S) and 1 Bersa 380, 1 Colt (Mustang Pocketlite .380), and 1 Taurus(709 slim)

Never owned a Glock. Probably never will. Never shot one either. Picked one or two up in a store and checked how it felt in hand . . . they just feel too brick-like.

Don't own any long guns, and am not interested (so far) in AR's but I do plan on getting a Remington 870 shotgun soon.

So, no brand loyalty. Just the lack of interest in Glocks.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I've always been a S&W fan boy. Bought a 4506 in '87 and still have it. Its never had a gun caused failure. Used to bet on its ability to chamber any 8 expended shells you picked up on the range. Today's plastic fantastics are no better than any other brand. But I just like the brand. Have a couple S&W plastics that shoot fine. They come and go, except the 4506.

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I have 2 Rugers (Love my SR40C, not so much the LCP) Have a Glock G19 gen4 (LOVE THAT FIREARM) and a G26 gen 3 (Wifes' but it's ok). Have Sig P239 in .40S&W (Belongs to a friend, holding it while they renovate house. Fun to shoot, but Heavy to carry(50/50) on the Sig

Top Bottom