• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I haven't read all the posts in the thread, so someone may have already asked.... I wonder how they are going to determine "fully automatic".... I guess if it LOOKS like an "automatic weapon" ?

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I'll bet that's where this guy was headed to turn in his rifle.
    a quote from the news article...
    "Since Herrera didn’t shoot anyone, he could only be charged with a misdemeanor. He was sentenced to the maximum of a year in jail."
    So much for the "red flag" laws.... that's about as red as it can get... and he gets ONE YEAR in jail on a MISDEMEANOR charge.

A couple of years from now, we'll be reading about him again....

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    What if people set up shop on the sidewalk with signs “I buy guns”. That’s happened at other gun buy backs.

Edit- see picture, there is a big sidewalk in front of the metro rail right across the entrance to the church’s parking lot. FYI

Attachments

• 9C80A0E2-C74B-4372-99FA-4605ECBF0FEE.jpeg
      9C80A0E2-C74B-4372-99FA-4605ECBF0FEE.jpeg
      178.8 KB · Views: 57
    Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What if people set up shop on the sidewalk with signs “I buy guns”. That’s happened at other gun buy backs.

Edit- see picture, there is a big sidewalk in front of the metro rail right across the entrance to the church’s parking lot. FYI
    If anyone wants to do that at the Houston buyback, I'd suggest they find a location that naturally feeds into the site. The sidewalk you posted is across the street from the site. If someone holds a sign there then gets motioned over by a person in line to look at a gun, they'll be jaywalking.

I would not advise breaking a law, no matter how minor, in sight of police officers while you're also trying to embarrass the city government and, by extension, those selfsame police officers. That seems like an invitation for trouble.

The parking for that church is big. It can be entered or exited from Wheeler, Blodgett, Ruth and Scott streets. Depending on exactly where the gun buyback is happening, a better location might be on the east side of Scott at Blodgett or a bit further north. You need to be far enough away that you can do business without disrupting traffic flow at the site. Of course, too far away and you won't be seen.

No matter where the gun buyback is in that whole complex, the north side of Wheeler next to the tracks seems to me to be a distinctly sub-optimal place to set up.

Of course, the city may decide that anyone holding up a sign is a protester and confine them to a free speech zone that is deliberately sited to make sure you can't do business.

I really have no idea how it's going to work out but, as you can see on this map, there's plenty of room to move things around just to frustrate 2A supporters who might show up to buy guns.

screenshot_2.png

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin

Attachments

• Homemade.jpeg
      Homemade.jpeg
      87.3 KB · Views: 64

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm pretty sure that only those possibly thinking of becoming an active shooter will be standing in line. Trust the science!

Sergei

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2022
    Corinth
    If anyone wants to do that at the Houston buyback, I'd suggest they find a location that naturally feeds into the site. The sidewalk you posted is across the street from the site. If someone holds a sign there then gets motioned over by a person in line to look at a gun, they'll be jaywalking.
    Probably wouldn't hurt to put an ad in the newspaper or on craigslist or something letting folks know you'll be around offering better prices than law enforcement. Friend of mine went to one a number of years ago and got a couple USGI 1911s (a Remington and a Switch and Signal) from a lady that just wanted them gone. Got them for a song compared to what they're worth.

zaichik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2022
    Houston area
    I'm curious what they do if someone has one illegally modified. Does the kid with the full-auto Glock get his buck fifty, or does he get pulled aside?

Midlifer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So they're using COVID funds to buy guns from people and using a private parking lot so they can run off anyone that may want to pay actual cash for someone's firearm. Wonder how many "Glock switches" and "Ghost Guns" they'll be collecting given the neighborhood they've chosen?

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Sturmgewehr but the media can't pronounce it and it was coined by Hitler. Guess that makes it nastier!! Stg44 also has a 600 rpm with 30 rnd mag.

Top Bottom