• MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    The OP is BLEEEP!
    Maybe we should start a gun Confiscation. One where people aren't trying to get their gun back after they get cought stealing.
    A thread to help with issues like 1rightguy had, and the stupid " proove it's yours crap" that craigntx went through.
    Texas SOT

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Austin has to pay these $100,000 a year traffic cops some how...

The original poster could have been an attempt to farm email addresses from gun owners for some reason... notice "his email" was posted prominently in the thread...

Do you know how much of the city revenue comes from ALL municipal court fines? I do. ;) It is less that 5%. That's ALL fines, including fire dept, code enforcement, etc.

Do you know how many tickets are dismissed, people take defensive, get deferred, etc? I do.

Austin is not getting rich from fines. The belief and statement that traffic enforcement is about revenue generation is for whiny people who have not grown up. Granted, SOME small towns generate huge revenues from traffic, but they are few and far between.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    So you violated state law. What is your complaint again?

Yes Sir I did, unknowingly violate state law. Not sure I "complained" but since you asked;

> If The State of Texas decided that checkpoints are unconstitutional, why am I facing a charge that resulted from my passing a checkpoint?
    > Why did a Federal Agent (customs agent) inspect & allow me to procede with my medications & another Federal Agent (border patrol) arrest me for them?
    > Why did I have to sit in jail for thirty hours, twenty of them AFTER my $60.00 bond was paid?
    > Why did it take seven, yes seven border patrol agents to arrest me, two for paperwork & five to stand around texting & BS'ing?
    > Why was I arrested by Federal Agents when I did not violate federal law?
    > What did the Federal Agents do with my prescriptions & why did they do anything with them?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Yes Sir I did, unknowingly violate state law. Not sure I "complained" but since you asked;

> If The State of Texas decided that checkpoints are unconstitutional, why am I facing a charge that resulted from my passing a checkpoint?
    > Why did a Federal Agent (customs agent) inspect & allow me to procede with my medications & another Federal Agent (border patrol) arrest me for them?
    > Why did I have to sit in jail for thirty hours, twenty of them AFTER my $60.00 bond was paid?
    > Why did it take seven, yes seven border patrol agents to arrest me, two for paperwork & five to stand around texting & BS'ing?
    > What did the Federal Agents do with my prescriptions & why did they do anything with them?

The federal agents gave your meds to the illegals.
    The federal agents arrested you because your an American citizen, not an illegal.
    Why 7, I dont know. You better be glad one of the 7 didnt tazer your azz because they didnt have 20.
    Sitting in jail after your bond is posted is simply due to the booking people not doing their damn job. When I got arrested last year, I had a lawyer post bond as soon as I got there. He was called as soon as I was arrested! I sat in a cell directly accross from the booking lady. For 5 hours she ran her fat mouth on the phone, " I could tell it was a personal call", then when she hung the phone up, her and another fatter lady sat there for 2 hours bitching about some other woman's promotion! I visited the Sheriff the next day and he was pissed. I even pointed the redheaded fat lady out , and the booking bitch with the bad attitude! So that probably what happened with the other 20 hours!
    They inspected you at one point and arrested you in another because No two organizations have a clue what being American is! And your not an illegal, if you were they would have done nothing!
    Those checkpoints dont belong to the state, there federal.

As a result, your just a honest American that went to Mexico to get some cheaper meds for an existing condition. It's easy to screw honest citizens who have no ill intent toward anyone. Your meds were in portions for personal use, not bucket's full. You didnt have a spare tire full of prescription drugs, or hidding anything.
    It's easy to completely screw honest people over, and I guess it's too Fuckin hard to catch the shit that is hauling dope from Mexico by the Truck Loads!
    Hope I helped. JFYI, if I end up on your jury, you would not be convicted. The good thing about law, is a jury has to convict you. I dont see nothing wrong with what you did! The Federal and State idiots give free mads to losers all the time. You paid for yours in a place that you could afford. Again, you did nothing wrong and you didnt affect me at all.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I have a story and am looking forward to everybody's thoughts, don't hold back, I can take it. I'll do the Readers Digest version.

The deductable on my health plan is $1500.00 a year & I can't get an appointment with a doctor in my network for three weeks & would be out around $435.00. From time to time I get insomnia & migraines. The first week of November I drove to Progresso, Texas parked my car, walked accross the border into Nuevo Progresso, Mexico. I saw a Mexican Doctor & he prescribed valiumn (50 count) & generic vicodin (20 count). I had the prescription filled, bought Kahula & vanilla extract for my wife & had lunch. I walked back accross the border, claimed everything in customs. The customs agent said I'm allowed 50 of each medication after he inspected them. He asked me to be sure to pay the duty for my Kahula. I did.
    Heading home, 50 miles North of Mexico, I stopped at the Border Patrol checkpoint in Sarita, Texas. The agent asked me where I was comming from & I told him. He asked me to exit the car and show him the medications. I did. I was arrested, charged with a class A misd. and I was in jail for thirty hours. They impounded my car, my medications & my pistol. I have never been arrested. I have no record. They "lost" the paper prescriptions......
    I could go on & on.....

The DA over Kennedy County is a very fair guy, and I know isn't a "gun grabber." If it's at all legal to get you your gun back I'm sure that he wouldn't try to stop it from happening. They see tons of cases of illegal drug and weapons possessions down there. It's easy for them to be skeptical of "lost my scripts" stories. I'd have my lawyer politely inquire of them as to why it's still being held and the procedures to recover it.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    The federal agents gave your meds to the illegals.
    The federal agents arrested you because your an American citizen, not an illegal.
    Why 7, I dont know. You better be glad one of the 7 didnt tazer your azz because they didnt have 20.
    Sitting in jail after your bond is posted is simply due to the booking people not doing their damn job. When I got arrested last year, I had a lawyer post bond as soon as I got there. He was called as soon as I was arrested! I sat in a cell directly accross from the booking lady. For 5 hours she ran her fat mouth on the phone, " I could tell it was a personal call", then when she hung the phone up, her and another fatter lady sat there for 2 hours bitching about some other woman's promotion! I visited the Sheriff the next day and he was pissed. I even pointed the redheaded fat lady out , and the booking bitch with the bad attitude! So that probably what happened with the other 20 hours!
    They inspected you at one point and arrested you in another because No two organizations have a clue what being American is! And your not an illegal, if you were they would have done nothing!
    Those checkpoints dont belong to the state, there federal.

As a result, your just a honest American that went to Mexico to get some cheaper meds for an existing condition. It's easy to screw honest citizens who have no ill intent toward anyone. Your meds were in portions for personal use, not bucket's full. You didnt have a spare tire full of prescription drugs, or hidding anything.
    It's easy to completely screw honest people over, and I guess it's too Fuckin hard to catch the shit that is hauling dope from Mexico by the Truck Loads!
    Hope I helped. JFYI, if I end up on your jury, you would not be convicted. The good thing about law, is a jury has to convict you. I dont see nothing wrong with what you did! The Federal and State idiots give free mads to losers all the time. You paid for yours in a place that you could afford. Again, you did nothing wrong and you didnt affect me at all.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. " Thomas Jefferson

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

And any of that has to do with what?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

You told us your story and asked for commentary. We werent there, therefore cant give accurate answers to most of the questions you ask. A couple of us have guessed at what may have happened, but in reality we dont know. The customs Agents at the border let people cross everyday with things that are illegal in Texas, some will even tell you that once you hit the street on the american side you could get arrested. Maybe Kenedy County has an agreement to take people in that BP finds small amounts of drugs on. Maybe there was a Deputy nearby who was bored....who knows.
    We have given you the commentary you requested and commented on other similar situations that did not involve you.
    Good luck with your case, I hope it works out for you.

Just for future reference, painkillers are cheap in the U.S. You can get as many vicodin as a doctor will prescribe for less than $20. for what you spent in gas money to go to Mexico, you could buy a year supply. No medical insurance shouldnt inhibit you from getting your pain meds.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Good Sir, my gun is in the possession of LE as in the OP's.

Good Sir, you did not Steal something with your firearm in Tow...Has Nothing to do with the OP...other than the fact that your gun is in possession of LE...

You seem to have been only guilty of ignorance, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I would not have know that what you did was illegal, of course I also know that it wouldn't matter if I knew or not...

Top Bottom