• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    There is a gun show in Kerrville on Sep 10 & 11 at the Kerrville Youth Exhibit Center (AG Barn) Sat 9-5 Sunday 10-4. Show is put on by: index

I am a bit tired of the Saxet show on Marbach as it is virtually the same vendors selling the same stuff every time. Don't get me wrong... I like the stuff and usually end up with another firearm "investment" but thinking of going to Kerrville for this one. Any comments? Number of vendors? Anyone ever go to one of these shows?
    DK Firearms

wiredgeorge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    You already posted a note about the gun show in San Antonio. Don't bother wasting your money driving all the way up to Kerrville. Go to the show in San Antonio. Geesh. Guess I best ask on the main board as this company also has shows in other areas.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's not a "one or the other" situation, I was sincerely wondering if it was worth the one-hour drive from SA to go to this show. It's a nice drive from the NW part of town, taking 16 through the Hill Country; and since I am actually home that Saturday I thought my son and I might make the trek...

wiredgeorge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Well, I am going to try and talk my missus into going and will head over to Kerrville on the Goldwing and check it out. It is a nice bike ride and we will likely eat some breakfast somewhere along the way; perhaps in the OST in Bandera. I looked at the website and there was nothing about who the vendors were or any email link; only a phone number for signing on as a vendor. If the show is great, so much the better and if it is lame, it will be a nice day of riding.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Kerrville is a decent show. It's of course much smaller than the SA or Austin shows but it lacks a lot of the "weird" folks that come out of the woodwork. I enjoy it 'cause I don't have to drive the one hour plus to SA (or 1.5 hrs. to Austin). No parking fee and I think it only cost $5 to get in. OST's got a great breakfast!

wiredgeorge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I generally avoid going to San Antonio as traffic scares me. We live about 1/2 way between Hondo and Bandera and eat at the OST all the time. It is better than the place in Medina. I am not exactly sure WHERE in Kerrville the show is held.

Hill Country Exhibition Center
    AG BARN- 3705 HWY 27 E. (78028)

Will have to try and figure out how to use the GPS on my 'wing again. Do you recall if they post a legit 3006 sign?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    I have NEVER seen 30.06 signs there. If you are coming from Bandera, the best route would be on 173 into Kerrville. There is a traffic signal on the SE side of Kerrville (by the State Park on the river). Take a right (you'll be on loop 534), cross over the river then turn right on Hwy 27 (toward Center Point and Comfort). The Ag. barn will be on your right about a mile from where you turned. Can't miss it.

I think if you get there before 9:00, they give you some kind of deal (two-fer?) on the entrance fee. Not 100% sure.

wiredgeorge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I ended up going to the SAXET show today and traded an little used LC9 for a new 1911 (with a couple bucks). I suspect I will still go over to Kerrville as I didn't get much .45 ACP... nothing inexpensive at the show at all. I will wear a Mico VFD fireman hat which is black with red/yellow flames and my name on the back. George Lesho

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Since we missed the SAXET show here in SA this weekend due to my being sick, we may head out to Kerrville next weekend to check this out. Worse case scenario is that we enjoy a nice drive to and from the show...

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Will do, we'll be easy to spot by my 14-yr-old redheaded son, who is almost as tall as I am (6'2"). He'll most likely be talking my ear off!

I'll most likely be wearing a black t-shirt with some kind of AK graphics on it, and camo shorts.

You can't miss us!

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Charlie

By chance can you tell us what the "balance" is of this show? Is it more geared towards hunting, or is there a broad variety of firearms available?

I ask because I mainly collect old military surplus firearms, and if it is mostly hunting rifles and such I would be more inclined to pass on it.

Although I always love going to Kerrville and to gun shows, I fly out Sunday morning for work and would much rather spend time at home than driving all the way out there for a show that may not be of great interest to me.

We're still planning to go, I just want to make sure it is a "typical" gun show and not mainly hunting gear and what not.

Oh, and whatcha selling?

Thanks! M2

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    The last show I went to was in the Fall of last year. Best I can remember, it was much like the S.A. shows but just smaller (and less jerky!). It had some of everything regarding guns, just not a great deal of any one particular area. But..........it may have changed since then so don't hold me to it. I'm sure they're geared up for the upcoming season but I'd bet they have some old guns also. I have bought and sold many guns there in the past years just by walking around and looking and dragging what I had for sale. I've always enjoyed the shows. Just my two bits.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I live here... The gun show is ok, lots of old stuff (at least it was last time and the time before) and everything was over priced (to be expected in this town though) It is never the same show though so it is worth checking out.

Top Bottom