• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We'll keep an eye out for ya, I'll be the guy in the camo shorts and a black AK shirt; and my 14-yr-old son willl be the tall skinny redheaded kid acting like a Goober next to me.

You guys doing breakfast at the OST? We might be driving through there and might stop for a bite to eat there as well...

Cheers! M2

jedwil

2d Amendment Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Hilll Country
    I live here... The gun show is ok, lots of old stuff (at least it was last time and the time before) and everything was over priced (to be expected in this town though) It is never the same show though so it is worth checking out.
    In the past there has been alot of older "Cowboy" stuff, including firearms, spurs, etc. I agree on the pricing, but have found the occasional bargain. Usually some older military arms as well. I'll be there sometime this weekend and hope the out-of-towners aren't disappointed. I'll be the short, fat guy with the grey beard and wearing shorts and a second infantry division t shirt.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Just got back from the show. I guess I missed you folks that were going. I tried to keep an eye out but I guess I was looking the wrong way. Show was OK, not crowded at all. I got there a little early 'cause I thought they opened at 8:00. Some things overpriced, some things "OK" priced but I didn't see any real bargins. Left about 11:00 but I may go back and browse some more after I grab a bite to eat.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, we just got back. It was a very enjoyable drive from NW SA up through Bandera then taking 173 north. It was a lot more relaxing and scenic than it would have been motoring down IH-10 and fighting the idiotic drivers! We got there about a half past eight only to find the show didn't open until 9am (I forgot the hours) so we wandered into Kerrville to find a little breakfast. We ended up at Subway which has some nice flatbread breakfast sandwiches with coffee for three bucks, but this particular restaurant was a little behind the power curve as they had been open forty minutes and they not only didn't have their toaster heated up, but they hadn't made any coffee yet either!

Still, it was a lot healthier than McDonalds and no indigestion afterward! From there we headed back to the show, which was open when we got there. It was a nice show, small and exactly like jedwil described, more cowboy stuff. I really didn't check out too many prices but I did see a few bargains such as a Taurus TC738 TCP for $290 (ten bucks less than I paid). We saw two Norinco AKs for sale that seemed a tad high but since one was 5.45 it may not have been that bad of a price. Folks at the show were very friendly and we ran into a dealer we know who was just checking it out like we were.

It wasn't a large venue and we were in and out in about a half hour, but for anyone in the area and looking for those kinds of items it was worth the time and effort to go. For us it came out to ten bucks in gas (thanks to us taking the Toyota), ten bucks for breakfast (my son got a regular sandwich) and ten bucks to get in. So for thirty dollars we had a great father-son adventure on a beautiful morning through some of the most gorgeous parts of Texas (the Hill Country).
    There's just no way you can't beat that!

Cheers! M2

jedwil

2d Amendment Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Hilll Country
    Wife and I had a good time. Picked up a S&W 638. Purchased one at a previous Kerrville show but my daughter thought she needed it. Same dealer and same good price(I think-$355 and tax). Was interested in a Marlin ss Model 60 with scope with an asking price of $350. Had a blue M60 years ago and would like one now but don't no if the price is right. Also was interested in an Inland M1 Carbine with asking price of $595. I would have bargained with the guy but already have an Inland.
    Hope all enjoyed it. May go back tomorrow.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I enjoyed the show. I was a bit zonked from firefighting as I had been at the 211/Hwy 90 fire until about 1:30AM didn't get to bed till about 2:30AM. The show had more knives & coins and things like that than the SAXET and was more oriented to rifles and antique guns. Rather than ammo sales, there was more reloading stuff. A nice concession stand with good prices although I ate at the Chinese restaurant on 16 on the Bandera side of town. Met Charlie and had a chance to chat some. Everyone was friendly and the atmosphere was laid-back. Thought prices were on the high side but didn't try much bargaining. Will try and make the big show in SA next week.

Top Bottom