• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I just got finished talking with one of the local FFL's that goes to the show at GRB.
    I was told that an M&P-15 "walked" off from their displa,y and that one of the other tables lost an FN SCAR.

So, if you come across someone trying to sell either type of rifle, you might try to find a way to verify the serial. I'd sure hate to see someone get hosed for buying a stolen rifle. Chances are probably slim that these will ever make it to a legitimate site for private sales, but you never know.

I've been told that ATF and local authorities have been notified. Damn, I hope they catch the rat bastard(s) that did this and put a boot in their prison purse. There's nothing I hate more than a thief.
    Texas SOT

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Wow! I hate a thief and we've discussed theft at gun shows before......I know it can happen but 2 black guns walking out of one show! Not sure what to make of this.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I'd never heard that before, didn't realize it happened so frequently...that's really messed up.

Mikey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    San Antonio
    I'd never heard that before, didn't realize it happened so frequently...that's really messed up.

I figured it had to happen occasionally, but I had no idea it was an "every show" type thing. I guess that's why some dealers have all their stuff strung together with cable locks.

I will say this about the thief or thieves, though: they have good taste.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Gun owners take crap off of everyone from Legislators to Brady Bozo's. It's a shame that a gun owner had to be ripped off by one of our own.

Flash

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    And huge balls. Stealing a gun, from a gun dealer, surrounded by gun lovers, and cops are usually at the door. WOW!

But if you think about it, it's the perfect venue to steal a gun...Not like you will be noticed walking out the door with a gun..Not like your at a gun show stealing potted plants.. cops are too busy put those joke zip ties on guns to notice..

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I'm not an expert, but I'm seeing people say that there's up to 10yrs and $250k in fines. That's just at the Fed level, state levels could add even more.
    Apparently, stealing from an FFL is worse than from someone's home or vehicle.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I'm convinced that people will steal anything. As Matefrio points out, it happens every gun show. I know I've heard dealers complain.

Even someone with no morals like these thieves know they can't do much once the serial numbers are reported. So you know the guns are being stolen by low-lifes to sell to other low-lifes.

SiVisPacem

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Austin ASAP
    The screwed up part is the thief who stole the M&P15 only needs to spend $100-150 and he has a $7-800 rifle to sell. The only trackable part is the lower. So, all the rat needs to do is buy a stripped lower, swap the parts, toss the stolen lower into a really hot fire or a deep river and sell the complete rifle for a huge (illegally gotten) profit.

Phat69

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Katy
    I was at the last High Caliber show at GRB and I was pretty stupid how they had all the tables crammed together when there was plenty of open space on the floor, it was a pain in the ass just walking around.

blackwolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Arlington,TX
    One thing my Dad taught me..((I hate a lie'r and a thief))
    After reading this thread and attended the FWGS last weekend, you know....upon exiting through the exit doors...there was no police or anyone there.

Top Bottom