• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Just what we need, TSA pat-down going in and out of gun shows. If the stealers can't keep up with their stock, they are too cheap to properly staff their booth, or properly secure their stock. Thieves are everywhere. I have little sympathy for the gun show dealers, they don't deal. And I'm supposed to pay them to look at their stuff. I'll stick to local shops and the Internet to fill in the gaps.
    Hurley's Gold

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Just what we need, TSA pat-down going in and out of gun shows. If the stealers can't keep up with their stock, they are too cheap to properly staff their booth, or properly secure their stock. Thieves are everywhere. I have little sympathy for the gun show dealers, they don't deal. And I'm supposed to pay them to look at their stuff. I'll stick to local shops and the Internet to fill in the gaps.
    wow

I have a hard time blaming anyone but the thieves. They are the problem. What measures each table\vendor wants to take is part of their own risk mitigation. Extra employees at the table = more money and overhead. $500 payroll is a bunch of gun sales to recover.

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    wow

I have a hard time blaming anyone but the thieves. They are the problem. What measures each table\vendor wants to take is part of their own risk mitigation. Extra employees at the table = more money and overhead. $500 payroll is a bunch of gun sales to recover.
    A jeweler who can't control his inventory is one thing, but a gun dealer who can't keep control of his firearms is pretty dumb in my book. the blame is on the rat bastard thief, but the dealer has some blame as well.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    A jeweler who can't control his inventory is one thing, but a gun dealer who can't keep control of his firearms is pretty dumb in my book. the blame is on the rat bastard thief, but the dealer has some blame as well.
    How are the security controls any different? "Shrinkage" is an issue no matter what your product when doing retail. Heck the .mil gets stuff stolen as well from food to scary stuff.

The victim never is to blame... they may have accepted too much risk but that's an insurance issue and ultimately it's the rat bastard thief's fault.

SiVisPacem

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Austin ASAP
    A lock only serves to keep an honest person honest. If a thief wants your stuff, he'll very likely get it, especially if that stuff is made available to the public, such as in a retail setting.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    People that go to Brazil and have their organs harvested... it's their fault for having such useful and undiseased kidneys.

If you get raped... it's your fault for bein' sexy.

Gunshot victims are at fault. They should have moved out of the way of the bullet. Dummies. Get on a treadmill more, fatties!

If someone steals your crap well damn it, it's your fault for having owned it in the first place! Serves you right.

This thread delivers!

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    A lock only serves to keep an honest person honest. If a thief wants your stuff, he'll very likely get it, especially if that stuff is made available to the public, such as in a retail setting.

Actually witnessed how these dirt bags operate last year at a show in Shreveport. They picked a table with only one person present and one scumbag unplugged the alarm wire on a gun near the dealer. Other scum bag unplugged at same time on other side of the table, removed desired gun, re-plugged cable and when first scumbag apologized to dealer, he re-plugged and dealer silenced alarm. I hollered at dealer before dirtbag with gun could walk away from the table. Long story short...dirtbag said he was just taking a closer look.....dealer called LEO who was very understanding but said no actual crime was committed. He offered the 2-assholes a refund to leave the show before things got out of hand. (Dealer was ranting on pretty good......didn't blame him.) They left!

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    The only way I see where the dealer could be at fault, was if they completely failed to provide any security measures whatsoever, to include leaving their table unattended.
    I don't know enough about the circumstances of what happened to say if that was the case here, or not.
    Other than that, the two posters in here giving the dealers even a little bit of the blame should probably find out the facts first - or if you already know them, let us know, so we won't get so offended at you blaming someone who otherwise appears to be a victim to us.

Just my two cents...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The only way I see where the dealer could be at fault, was if they completely failed to provide any security measures whatsoever, to include leaving their table unattended.
    Why?

I had typed out a bunch of other stuff, but...
    2821566629_4eb8e82fdc_o.gif

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Aint no damn excuse for a Theif what so ever! I catch a SOB stealing from me, he will be in so much pain his grandkids will feel it!
    I dont care what reason they have, dont care how hard up they are, and I damn sure dont care how small the theft was.
    People know better! Anybody stand near the theif running their mouth about it being "my fault" will get their teeth knowed out as well.
    There is No Excuse For a Theif!

Top Bottom