• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

What is the strangest thing you've ever seen at a Gun-Show ?

For me there were the FAKE Rolex watch traders, pocket knives much too gigantic to fit in a pocket, non-functional ammo, and the guy at New Orleans Lakefront who shot himself in the thigh while re-holstering, a PPK, yet.

But, some 15 years ago at a big Gun-Show at Harlingen, a young man came up to me to ask a question. He was tiny, couldn't have been an inch over 5', and was decked-out in RAMBO combat gear. Neatly ironed camo fatigues, little military boots, boonie hat. Was carrying an AR slung over his shoulder, a Beretta in a dropped holster, one of those Jimmy LIles type Rambo daggers, and an absurd number of loaded magazines. If that wasn't strange enough, he was dragging along a very beautiful young girl, looked about 17, less than 5', also in full combat clothing, camo short-shorts. She didn't have body armor like he did, or a discernable weapon. But she was drop-dead beautiful. The entire deal looked like something from a movie.

I wish, I WISH I had snapped a pic.

What have you seen ?

leVieux
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here are some....

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The 2 stand outs were the Asian dude with all these knives on him & James Drury pimped out as The Virginian!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    >
    ... the FAKE Rolex watch traders, pocket knives much too gigantic to fit in a pocket, non-functional ammo, and the guy at New Orleans Lakefront who shot himself in the thigh while re-holstering, a PPK, yet...
    ...He was tiny, couldn't have been an inch over 5', and was decked-out in RAMBO combat gear. Neatly ironed camo fatigues, little military boots, boonie hat. Was carrying an AR slung over his shoulder, a Beretta in a dropped holster, one of those Jimmy LIles type Rambo daggers, and an absurd number of loaded magazines. If that wasn't strange enough, he was dragging along a very beautiful young girl, looked about 17, less than 5', also in full combat clothing, camo short-shorts. She didn't have body armor like he did, or a discernable weapon. But she was drop-dead beautiful. The entire deal looked like something from a movie....
    What's weird about any of that?

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    some prick who sells knives made by someone else for exorbitant prices, people trying to hock off an SKS for a 1000 dollars, the usual bullshit.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    most people selling at gunshows are geriatric dudes who think a rusty KAR98AZ is worth 1000 dollars or some shit and its annoying as can be, or you will have some dude with a poverty spec AR or glock trying to sell it with like a 500% mark up.

mountainbull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2020
    montana
    I've setup at 3 gun shows and always sold out my tables by end of a 3 day show.
    I price my items(guns,reloading gear and assorted stuff) at prices I would pay and don't try to make 300% profit.
    I do make a profit on my stuff but I buy it at a price I can to make a reasonable profit.
    I only sell from my personal collection to make room in the safe.
    Some shows ill have 4 or 5 things and others ill have more than a dozen
    I just do it for fun, and hope everyone at the show has fun also.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Hey, ya whippersnapper, I'm a geriatric dude and in the past year, I've 'given away a number of guns' that've been barely shot i.e., damn near new...

To wit: A shot gun I shot twice for a grand total of 5 rounds and 2 different 9mm semi-autos that probably had a total of 200 rounds shot through them. Along with a lot of ammo for the recipients to practice with.

Plus, Both of these semi-auto pistols were top shelf that is S&W and Ruger.

To be fair, my aim doing this wasn't altogether altruistic.

How's that?: Ultimately, I didn't like any of the guns I gave away, but knew they would gladden the heart of the recipients.

I didn't like the shotgun because of the controls. I didn't like one of the semi's because one had a standard type safety and the other had a grip safety. Controls again...

Didn't I know these details before I bought them?

Yes, of course, but I thought I could live with these particulars and it turned out I could...but didn't want to.

Would I take them to a gun show for sale?

No, I'm in a place where loved ones can use my cast offs without me demanding they cough up some moola.

Lucky me and them.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom