Join TexasGunTalk

Gun Shows and 30.06/ Do You Give Them a Pass?

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Hoji, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Do any of you give the gun shows a pass for posting the 30.06 statute. I do not. If a buisness does not want my $$$ regardless of the reason by posting the 30.06 then I will not give them any.

If you do give the gun shows a pass on this, please explain why.

2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Of course I go to gun shows with 30.06 posted. It make sense to have it posted.

3. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx

Do explain sir I do not disagree or agree but just want to hear your reasoning.

4. Porter

Porter Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Houston
    I've never been to a single gun show that would allow a loaded firearm on the premises. That is the written rule for every single show I've ever even heard of, actually. Thanks to concealed carry, they have to post a 30.06 to prevent a loophole in their own rules. Personally, I think it is going a little overboard to look down upon them for posting a 30.06 sign.

Of course, I failed to mention that they include the rule about loaded firearms for insurance reasons to begin with.

5. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I understand the reasoning for not allowing loaded guns at a gun show. The chance of a accidental shooting would be very high. So many guns are being handled at a gun show, being extra safe is good. If the 3006 sign is posted with that in mind, I understand. If it is posted because someone believes a CHL holder will try to use the gun in a crime at the gun show---well, that is just plain stupid. So, yes I go to gun shows and hope that the sign is there for simple safety, not stupidity.

6. txinvestigator

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    There are yearly reports of folks have NDs at gun shows every year. lets have them all unloaded, OK?

7. Cyfer

Cyfer Active Member

May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    I just don't see the need to carry one in a gun show. You're already surrounded with so many others guns and gun enthusiasts that I feel there's no need.

Also, not carrying into a gun show allows me to carry one more new gun out with me with my hands full of ammo... :-P

8. Porter

Porter Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Houston
    That is the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.

9. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    For those of you who piped in with "it's the insurance", okay. But would you give a pass to another buisness that said they had to post it or their insurance carrier would drop them?

I believe that people who boycott buisnesses that post and give the gun shows a pass are hypocrites. Don't gnash your teeth and make excuses, just accept it and move on.

I do not give passes. I changed banks 3 times in the last 9 years, and make it a point to go out of my way to not spend one red cent at 30.06 posted venues.

10. txinvestigator

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Then you don't get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.