Gun shows and dealer attitudes

Feb 13, 2009
Humble, TX
While most are decent folks, yesterday the George R. Brown gun show here in Houston I had some terrible customer service. I'm collecting WWII rifles and found a French 1936 MAS for $250. I know I know, but I wanted it to complete the collection. When I asked the dealer if he know when the weapon was manufactured he said "What do I look like a French expert?" I replied, "No, but you're an expert at being a jerk, hope your smartass comment was worth two hundred bucks." and then walked away. I'm finding it more and more often that people like this are acting that they're doing me a favor selling me a gun. I left there pissed off with my only purchase of $38 bucks for a box of .380 ammo.

DCortez

TGT Addict
Jan 28, 2009
Houston, Cy-Fair
I wonder if the business surge they are experiencing is too much to handle.

Not like when times are slow. Less people to deal with, less questions, less hours, etc..

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2009
Ft.Worth
I have come across a few that were so full of themselves that their arrogance was overwhelming.
Just like that comment - just plain unnecessary and costly to boot.
I would not have been as tactful as you.
I would of offered to make him an expert buy shoving the gun up his ass.
He would know a hell of a lot about french guns then.

1rightguy

Mar 25, 2009
I asked one of the bog dealers about a discount off the marked price on a S&W 340 PD. He said that gun is hard to find and walked off. He just walked off and started BS'n with another guy behind the table. He was not talking with a customer and I fully intended to buy. I for one am done with the big dealers at gun shows.

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
I think I'm with Mo on this I would have offered to make that D-bag an expert by shoving the rifle somewhere bad sideways in a hurry. He is an ass and he lost close to $250 for it. Forget him.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
I would of offered to make him an expert buy shoving the gun up his ass.
I know where you are coming from, but when he would have replied with "Go ahead and try" then you'd be sitting there looking like a dumbass making empty threats. Better to just call him a few choice names and walk off. ;)

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member