• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    The Prices you'll see on ammo and guns will not be the best, although once in a while there is a good deal to be had specially if you buy from another attendee.
    Otherwise it is a good place to see and feel a lot of guns.

swoope18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    El Paso
    Well went to Sun City Guns with a co-worker yesterday, affiliated with Kirks? The price they want for a Glock 22 is almost a $100 more than Academy. Guessing that the show will be more of the same like you mention.

memo79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    El Paso
    Yeah, Sun City used to be Kirks. I think it changed owners or something like that, but basically same thing, just at a different location.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Yeah, Sun City used to be Kirks. I think it changed owners or something like that, but basically same thing, just at a different location.

Not much of a selection either. They are quite high, as they charge $45.00 for a FFL transfer fee , I believe. Real nice guy's though. I guess they don't do much volume here in El Paso, so they jack up the price.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    same here, I'll walk in and walk around but there is no willingness to deal with the customer.

Because they feel they are the only game in town, and they are. I think that is why they charge so much for FFL transfer fee's. You can find good deals online, but that gets eaten up by FFL fee's. Most El Paso stores don't even do transfers, trying to force you into local sales IMO.

Much more competition in larger cities. But this is where we live........

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Do you guys know how much Cold War Shooters chargers for a transfer?
    They Seem to have the fairest prices.

You would have to try and call them. I tried to use them when I bought my HK93. The phone number listed on their web site was no good, so I don't know if they do it at all . Lots of FFL's will only do FFL to FFL transfers too. They won't do individual to FFL, which is what I needed.

Cold War didn't impress me. Not much there in stock. Nice people, but I felt like I was in a locked bathroom. Maybe it was just me.

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    Yeah I does seem a bit Like a dungeon. Their Stock didnt seem like much at all but according to their website they have a lot more than they have in display or at least they show quite a bit of stuff in stock which wasn't on display.

What I looked at were the Saigas they have the 7.62 x 39 For $339 so that's more than fair since the cheapest online is $319 plus shipping and transfer fee.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Yeah I does seem a bit Like a dungeon. Their Stock didnt seem like much at all but according to their website they have a lot more than they have in display or at least they show quite a bit of stuff in stock which wasn't on display.

What I looked at were the Saigas they have the 7.62 x 39 For $339 so that's more than fair since the cheapest online is $319 plus shipping and transfer fee.

I guess they have some other stores in other states, so they do have acess to other guns. I guess I am of the opinion that if you are a "store", you should have what you sell on display. Maybe it is a new generation thing, but lots of "stores" do that now to keep overhead and inventory down.

memo79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    El Paso
    Transfers

If you guys are looking for a good, inexpensive FFL to do your transfers, I recommend DJ at ultimate defense. Click the link below and you'll see their requirements. I did a transfer a while back, and if I recall correctly, long guns were $20 and pistols were $25. Don't quote me on it cause it's been over a year since I transferred something through them. What I do remember though, is that I put all the info about my shipment in the website and submitted it, and DJ called me within the hour to confirm. Very professional, and their prices were very reasonable. Keep in mind it may have gone up a few bucks due to the times, but I'm sure there's not going to be very many people in the city that can beat them.

http://www.ultimatedefensellc.com/firearm transfer request.html

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    If you guys are looking for a good, inexpensive FFL to do your transfers, I recommend DJ at ultimate defense. Click the link below and you'll see their requirements. I did a transfer a while back, and if I recall correctly, long guns were $20 and pistols were $25. Don't quote me on it cause it's been over a year since I transferred something through them. What I do remember though, is that I put all the info about my shipment in the website and submitted it, and DJ called me within the hour to confirm. Very professional, and their prices were very reasonable. Keep in mind it may have gone up a few bucks due to the times, but I'm sure there's not going to be very many people in the city that can beat them.

Guns, FFL Transfers, El Paso, TX, 915-630-6603, Rifles, Federal Firearms Sales and Transfers, Near Fort Bliss, TX, Concealed Carry Classes - Ultimate Defense, LLC

Thanks for the heads up. Will keep them in mind.

Not much at all at the gun show. Saw more jewlery, coins, books and other crap then guns. I really don't get that, I thought it is suppose to be a "GUN" show. Was almost a waste of 5 bucks and my time. Evetyone was soooo over priced. For instance : WWB .9mm 115 FMJ $38.00 for 50 rounds. Another guy had 20 round bags of .9mm 115 FMJ RELOADS, with plated bullets for $8.00. Doing the math, that is $40.00 a hundred ! These people are nutts ! They must be trying to get rich off of one sale. Saw a HK91 that they wanted $3,800.00 for. WOW, they go anywhere from two grand, to 3 grand for a new in box one.

I would imagine that most of that crap got hauled back home with them. The only sales I saw were some new handguns by a licensed FFL. They were not any deals on them, just list price sales.

It was something to do, but really not worth the wasted time and effort. IMO

Top Bottom