• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    As someone who’s new, I’ve been thru a ton of stores just to ask the basic questions and price check. Some good experiences, some bad. I was at one place the other day asking questions about Glocks... I was hit with more info than I could process and walked out more confused than anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Target Sports

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    It was immensely fun.
    He had keys to pretty much every gate on the King Ranch down around Kingsville area, with permission to basically use at will.
    He took me shooting all the time.

I got a chance to dove hunt at the King Ranch. The deer down there make the ones around Bulverde look small.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I got a chance to dove hunt at the King Ranch. The deer down there make the ones around Bulverde look small.

My mom told me before the depression we owned most of that ranch. I don't know why she would lie. My ancestors came to this country as rich musicians.

Likely the deer have been supplemented with Kansas deer genetics. Up there, they drop fawns that are full grown Texas sized, and some field dress at 300 lbs.

Not everything is bigger in Texas.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My mom told me before the depression we owned most of that ranch. I don't know why she would lie. My ancestors came to this country as rich musicians.

Likely the deer have been supplemented with Kansas deer genetics. Up there, they drop fawns that are full grown Texas sized, and some field dress at 300 lbs.

Not everything is bigger in Texas.

What was your mother's maiden name?

I obviously wasn't around then, but I knew all of the family members back in the 60's.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    What was your mother's maiden name?

I obviously wasn't around then, but I knew all of the family members back in the 60's.

Friesenhahn. But last time I checked, the 60's was a hell of a lot later than the depression, when they were forced to sell off their share.

BTW: Got my mother's maiden name, my name and address.....anyone want my social?

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Friesenhahn. But last time I checked, the 60's was a hell of a lot later than the depression, when they were forced to sell off their share.

BTW: Got my mother's maiden name, my name and address.....anyone want my social?

I’ll take your social

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    So this happened at my local Academy yesterday.

I was at the reloading aisle looking at the case tumblers and I hear a conversation at the gun counter between an older man, probably in his early 70s, and the worker.

Customer: I'm trying to buy a pistol but I guess y'all don't ever want to carry it.

Worker: Which pistol is it? I may have it in the back...we don't have much room to display all the firearms so...

Customer: It's a compact 22.

Worker: Ok, what brand?

Customer: I just told you. It's called a compact 22.

Worker: Well, compact is normally just a size designation. Do you remember what it looks like? I might be able to figure out what gun you're looking for.

Customer: Well shit I don't know what it looks like. I guess I'll go somewhere that doesn't just hire a buncha idiot kids to work for them. If you don't know what a compact 22 is you don't need to be working in the guns. (While walking off)

Worker: Guess so...Have a good day.

I talked with the worker after just to joke around about this compact 22. He says he's used to it now as this sort of thing happens every other day. I certainly got a good laugh out of it.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/smith-wesson-m-p-22-lr-compact-pistol
    108390_01_lg_1.jpg

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Working a gun show years ago, and a kid came up with one of my MSR types. He shows me the takedown pin...the pin has obvious punch marks (on the end of the pin, and on the receiver), and the detent has been pushed out through the side of the receiver.

Not the first time I have seen such a thing.

He, very offended, tells me that my product is defective and he wants a replacement. I offered the usual out: "Oh, damn, looks like your brother in law borrowed your rife, because no one would try to hammer out a captive pin but a brother in law..."

Nope. My receiver was defective.

OK then. I told him I had a few ways to fix it...from the expensive (welding up the side of the receiver and machining it) to the cheap (JP's little expanding insert for the takedown pin). But no...he wanted a replacement.

I finally had enough, and told him to just move along, as he really wasn't qualified to have an AR15 type rifle.

He opened his mouth again, and I told him in a rather....carrying...tone that he was just too fucking stupid to own on of my company's guns, and he needed to get the hell away from my tables. Yeah. Half the show heard that. He left, still whining.

So...

Fast forward a month later.

Two gentlemen come up to me, directly, not any of my other staff, and hold out wads of cash while both of them are trying not to crack up. One of them finally managed to say "...we want to each buy one of your rifles, but we hope that we are...not too fucking stupid to own one of your fine products..."

Oh, damn.

They were a few tables away the previous month, and saw the whole thing...and decided to come back when they were ready to buy.

As far as I know, the only time telling a customer he was fucking stupid caused me to directly make more sales :D

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom