Texas SOT

"Gun Violence" is a B.S. Democrat talking point, The Illinois Shooter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Read some FB comments from people with some experience and credibility. They think it must have been some type of pistol-caliber carbine from the sound of the shots (subsonic, no "crack"). Maybe something that took a Glock 33rd "funstick"......

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

My bet is they’re FOS. Multi-directional mic’s have a hard time with that but FB-grade cell audio probably outclasses top end DoD shit anyways.

Guns International

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My bet is they’re FOS. Multi-directional mic’s have a hard time with that but FB-grade cell audio probably outclasses top end DoD shit anyways.

Almost years 60 later and all the testing done, they still can't come up with a definitive answer for where the shots were fired from in Dealy Plaza when Kennedy was assassinated. I sure wouldn't put a lot of credibility into a microphone on a cell phone either. or what people say they heard.

Witness testimony probably accounts for most of the conspiracy theories floating around about most shootings.

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I keep seeing that Highland Park has an "assault weapon" ban... If so, how was he able to buy or possess one legally?

A Man Dressed as a Woman Who Murdered People is Not an Excuse to Deprive You of Your Rights

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    I keep seeing that Highland Park has an "assault weapon" ban... If so, how was he able to buy or possess one legally?

Just a couple of thoughts on this (mostly speculative).

I believe that I read he lived in the next suburb to the North of Highland Park, Highwood.

I doubt that the owner of the gun shop (and I believe there are none in Highland Park) would narc on someone who bought a firearm that was legal at the location of the seller.

Sneaking it into Highland Park would have run afoul of their law, but catching him doing that…

Reactions: gll

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    He supposedly bought 5 guns.

His father signed for his FOID card.

This was all after threatening the entire family.
    Seems the gun was an M&P AR from Bud's according to this. First time I saw mention of anything other then "AR15 style" rifle.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    They're very close and are basically the budget versions of nearby Lake Forest (where Mr. T. and a bunch of other rich folk live). I worked in Highwood as a kid.

Yep, common border just a 1/2 mile from where this went down.

I spent many evenings at Ravinia in HP including Janis Joplin’s last concert there.

platoon2063

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    waco
    Seems the gun was an M&P AR from Bud's according to this. First time I saw mention of anything other then "AR15 style" rifle.

Starting to see this elsewhere albeit from soso reliable websites such as the one you linked at a few others like it. Maybe I just missed the major networks stating exactly what type/brand it was.

Father should possibly be held with some percentage of responsibility for signing off on the FOID card, right? At least he will probably face some civil lawsuits I would think.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    This may not quite fit here, but didn't want to start a new thread.

Here is an update for Commie Illinois....the same folks that consistently push for more infringement in order to curb "gun violence".

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    This may not quite fit here, but didn't want to start a new thread.

Here is an update for Commie Illinois....the same folks that consistently push for more infringement in order to curb "gun violence".

First.....

Police officers found a gun and John’s ID in an abandoned home next to his sister’s house in Chicago’s Englewood neighborhood. John says he has never owned a gun and didn’t know how his ID ended up there.

Sounds like "John" talked his way into that or was talked into pleading to something they ultimately could probably never prove.

"You’re taking people away from the communities that otherwise would be supporting their families, that would be contributing to the economy.”

Bullshit!!! I'd love to see the numbers of all those convicted in the past and research their employment record. I'm willing to bet most were not gainfully employed and and any money they were making was through criminal activity.

The left loves to use anecdotal evidence to pull at heartstrings, but do the same when it comes to gun owners you know and their criminal record and see what they say.

Top Bottom