APOD Firearms

"Gun Violence" is a B.S. Democrat talking point, The Illinois Shooter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    He left the gun behind on the rooftop. Quite a bit of kit for a 22 year old, seems to me he was likely helped.

View attachment 330327

I’m curious if that’s the dude in OCP’s setup? I say that because I saw a brief video clip of a local LEO in OCP hopping out of his SUV cruiser, donning an Eberlestock G2 Gunslinger-type bag, and jogging off towards a building.

Reactions: gll

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I enlarged it in 10% increments and cropped it. It's pretty fuzzy but it's a bolt gun. I sure would like to get my hands on a better pic. Not that it matters, just curious.
    ChicagoRooftopGunel.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I grabbed the frame from the video, so that's a fair question of it being "the" gun or not.

I actually found a clip from what I saw yesterday. Might not be the same guy, but pretty capable setup there.

6de1585b86f8862dd611831fcbfcbee1.jpg

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/highland-park-mayor-robert-crimo-weapon-shooting

A report saying that the gun was legally obtained. I saw where a poster in the comments section said that it was legally obtained but not by the shooter. I don't know which is correct. Either way the propaganda is see, it was legally obtained and we therefore need to re-examine our laws. It never ends.

platoon2063

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    waco
    If you've heard the audio of the suspect shooting there is serious doubt he is using a bolt rifle. The best marksmen around might fire rounds that quick but, doubtful that individual with limited practice could. Accuracy or lack there of also comes in play when firing ultra quickly with a bolt action weapon. Also from the audio I heard there doesn't appear to be a suppressor in use. Maybe because of the loud echoes in between the buildings made it seem louder but, doubtful he used a suppressor.

Then again it's all speculation until we hear the facts. I could be totally wrong.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    If you've heard the audio of the suspect shooting there is serious doubt he is using a bolt rifle. The best marksmen around might fire rounds that quick but, doubtful that individual with limited practice could. Accuracy or lack there of also comes in play when firing ultra quickly with a bolt action weapon. Also from the audio I heard there doesn't appear to be a suppressor in use. Maybe because of the loud echoes in between the buildings made it seem louder but, doubtful he used a suppressor.

Then again it's all speculation until we hear the facts. I could be totally wrong.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX

Well is could be a police sniper rifle which would make sense.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    He was wearing women's clothes??????????????
    A gender confused, cross-dressing, America hating wacko?

He drove a Honda Fit...
    We NEED to ban those damned things!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I read an article earlier today that said he used "an AR-type rifle, but not an AR-15", whatever that's supposed to mean. Possibly an Ar-10?

Anybody got any info yet?

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    I read an article earlier today that said he used "an AR-type rifle, but not an AR-15", whatever that's supposed to mean. Possibly an Ar-10?

Anybody got any info yet?

No way!

“The City of Highland Park, Illinois, bans manufacturing, selling, giving, lending, acquiring, or possessing many of the most commonly owned semiautomatic firearms, which the City branded “Assault Weapons.” See Highland Park, Ill., City Code §§136.001(C), 136.005 (2015), App. to Pet. for Cert. 65a, 71a.”

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I read an article earlier today that said he used "an AR-type rifle, but not an AR-15", whatever that's supposed to mean…
    Can’t remember if it’s @ZX9RCAM or @easy rider that first asked the question, it’s been a couple years…..
    Personally, if you’re not going to give me a make/model, I’m just gonna assume it’s a Daisy Red Ryder since everybody knows you will shoot an eye out with that thing. It has to be chambered in lung blower for that to happen though.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Read some FB comments from people with some experience and credibility. They think it must have been some type of pistol-caliber carbine from the sound of the shots (subsonic, no "crack"). Maybe something that took a Glock 33rd "funstick"......

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Can’t remember if it’s @ZX9RCAM or @easy rider that first asked the question, it’s been a couple years…..
    Personally, if you’re not going to give me a make/model, I’m just gonna assume it’s a Daisy Red Ryder since everybody knows you will shoot an eye out with that thing. It has to be chambered in lung blower for that to happen though.
    Prescient much?

Read some FB comments from people with some experience and credibility. They think it must have been some type of pistol-caliber carbine from the sound of the shots (subsonic, no "crack"). Maybe something that took a Glock 33rd "funstick"......

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
    Let's hope it wasn't a deadly lung blower...

Top Bottom