• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Haslet
    Now that I am carrying more regularly I wondered if there is a benefit to a belt specifically designed for CHL? The ones you see that are supposedly thicker,curved etc. How many use them when carrying with IWB holsters?

I generally carry either a glock 19, but have a new Taurus PT1911 and wondered if due to weight, if it would be more comfortable or will my current dress belts work?
    Hurley's Gold

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    In my experience, the IWB holsters don't need the support that other kinds of holsters needs. You do need to have a belt that is a little longer.

hogrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Texas
    I have to somewhat disagree Chris. If you are on the robust side, you need all the support you can get. So a good belt is worth it's weight.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Haslet
    Thanks guys for all the input! I am less robust then a year ago, and have been using my old belts. I may pick up one just to see if it makes a difference. Are some better then others or will any 'gun belt' designed for the purpose do the job?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Haslet
    Thanks again guys for your input. I skimped for a while on holsters then bought a good iwb for my glock and it made a world of difference. I won't make the same mistake on a belt.

Thanks

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Im getting one of these.........but for twin 1911's with 45* cant and cross draw.
    146.jpg

And one of these, firts...
    154.jpg

atacorion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    I run either a Blackhawk assault riggers belt or now I found a new belt from Ares gear that is awesome, super support very thick durable and it has a locking buckle. Available in black green or Tan and is made with the heavy duty nylon/cordura from a Scuba rig. I think Chris Costa and Travis Haley run these in the
    MAgpul Pistol DVD so check em out them are about 85$ but well worth the cost. Its so stout I plan on running it as my aircrew setup when I fly with my reserve unit.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If you're on a budget, the 5.11 belt with their "Permastiff™ insert" is pretty good. I bought some pants on sale and got the belt for free. Best free belt I've ever had, lol...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Haslet
    Got my Beltman 'quickship' belt yesterday. Ok, I can definitely see a difference, more with my 1911 then my Glock 19. That is one thick belt! Thanks again guys for the information.

Top Bottom