• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Haslet
    Now that I am carrying more regularly I wondered if there is a benefit to a belt specifically designed for CHL? The ones you see that are supposedly thicker,curved etc. How many use them when carrying with IWB holsters?

I generally carry either a glock 19, but have a new Taurus PT1911 and wondered if due to weight, if it would be more comfortable or will my current dress belts work?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    In my experience, the IWB holsters don't need the support that other kinds of holsters needs. You do need to have a belt that is a little longer.

hogrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Texas
    I have to somewhat disagree Chris. If you are on the robust side, you need all the support you can get. So a good belt is worth it's weight.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Haslet
    Thanks guys for all the input! I am less robust then a year ago, and have been using my old belts. I may pick up one just to see if it makes a difference. Are some better then others or will any 'gun belt' designed for the purpose do the job?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Haslet
    Thanks again guys for your input. I skimped for a while on holsters then bought a good iwb for my glock and it made a world of difference. I won't make the same mistake on a belt.

Thanks

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Im getting one of these.........but for twin 1911's with 45* cant and cross draw.
    146.jpg

And one of these, firts...
    154.jpg

atacorion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    I run either a Blackhawk assault riggers belt or now I found a new belt from Ares gear that is awesome, super support very thick durable and it has a locking buckle. Available in black green or Tan and is made with the heavy duty nylon/cordura from a Scuba rig. I think Chris Costa and Travis Haley run these in the
    MAgpul Pistol DVD so check em out them are about 85$ but well worth the cost. Its so stout I plan on running it as my aircrew setup when I fly with my reserve unit.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If you're on a budget, the 5.11 belt with their "Permastiff™ insert" is pretty good. I bought some pants on sale and got the belt for free. Best free belt I've ever had, lol...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Haslet
    Got my Beltman 'quickship' belt yesterday. Ok, I can definitely see a difference, more with my 1911 then my Glock 19. That is one thick belt! Thanks again guys for the information.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    The9ine
    Top Bottom