Join TexasGunTalk

H.G.C.A. Gun Show at Reliant Center ** 9/14 - 9/15

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Glockster69, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jul 1, 2011
    Anyone plan to go? Saturday is out for me but Sunday is a possibility, not that I have much available cash right now :(

H.G.C.A. Gun Show Information

2. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    I might pick up a glock 30s saturday morn. There

3. Acera

Acera TGT Addict

Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Better go Saturday.

Sunday may be a zoo getting in there. They scheduled it during a Houston Texans football game and that entire area will be a complete mess. Kick off is at noon, so the tailgaters and others will be filling the parking lots around there hours before.

Can't believe someone f'd up so bad as to schedule both things at the same time. Guess they will have a special section reserved for gun show parking, but don't know.

4. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jul 1, 2011
  5. rgwalt

rgwalt Active Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    It was the NFL. HGCA had scheduled the show well in advance when the texans were away. Then the NFL changed the schedule, and HGCA wasn't able to reschedule.

6. Acera

Acera TGT Addict

Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks rgwalt, it is not gonna be good. HCGA should have canceled, moved it like they did a couple of months ago, or something.

7. rgwalt

rgwalt Active Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I agree. Should make for a good turn out on Saturday though! I don't know all the ins and outs of how gun shows work, but I bet when they found out about the schedule change, it would have been too difficult to get a different weekend. They have to consider their vendors, and they don't want to overlap with competing shows in the area.

8. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've gone to shows downtown during major sporting events a few times in the past.

If I *know* I'm not going to buy anything, I park well to the south and ride the train up. It's a few blocks of walking but not too bad.

If I think I might buy something, I cruise the nearby lots looking for something. Sometimes I get lucky.

Usually, I wind up pulling into the hotel and just valet it. That option goes away when they fill up, so you still must arrive fairly early.

9. Sugar Land

Sugar Land TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I am planning on going saturday so if any other people want to go let me know and perhaps we can meet up.

10. grumper

grumper TGT Addict

Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I'll go saturday probably.