• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    While John Browning was the greatest firearms influencer in history, H&K got to lead the way with modern pistols, even if they were not as successful as H&K had hoped. From the first polymer striker fired VP70 that came out before Glock, to the Mk23 having a mount for a light/laser and threaded barrel. Like the VHS vs Beta, H&K was the Beta. Today most pistols have a rail on the dust cover and offer threaded barrels. The Mk23 was probably the most tested Military pistol, like the M590 was the most tested shotgun.

Any owners of the Mk23? Anyone lucky enough to own a tan one?

I made this video of the OHWS, that brought us the Mk23/Mark 23.

Texas SOT

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    60080D18-F03F-4954-ADDB-E61E7D00261C.jpeg

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I’ve still got a VP70Z… but no MK23..

I hated the trigger pull, liked the look and grip, thought disassembly was cool including removing the striker. Paid around $360 for it, and traded it for a Kimber LE in the 90’s. The size hight of the VP70Z was just too large for my likings then.

Kind of regret trading it, but with 5 magazines, the magazine were worth more than the pistol, and Kimbers’ were good back then…

The fist polymer striker pistol… do you know what their current value is?

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Its an extreme apples and oranges comparison.

Far too much credit given to H&K who merely made simple feature improvements upon the real innovation made 50 years earlier.

If it weren't for the turn of the century design developments made by the likes of Mauser, Mannlicker and Colt's, the Mk23 would not exist, certainly not as you now know it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I hated the trigger pull, liked the look and grip, thought disassembly was cool including removing the striker. Paid around $360 for it, and traded it for a Kimber LE in the 90’s. The size hight of the VP70Z was just too large for my likings then.

Kind of regret trading it, but with 5 magazines, the magazine were worth more than the pistol, and Kimbers’ were good back then…

The fist polymer striker pistol… do you know what their current value is?
    The VP70Z trigger was originally designed for select fire with the shoulder stock attached.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Its an extreme apples and oranges comparison.

Far too much credit given to H&K who merely made simple feature improvements upon the real innovation made 50 years earlier.

If it weren't for the turn of the century design developments made by the likes of Mauser, Mannlicker and Colt's, the Mk23 would not exist, certainly not as you now know it.

It was more the Government Contract Requirements/Requests and who could build a better pistol. Clearly H&K won. Clearly after that design the USP came out with the fist rail, which others changed from Sig to Glock.

Even Browning based his designs on prior pistols and most of them from the 1911 to the High Power were modified and changed by others.

Evolution of firearms.

Top Bottom