ARJ Defense ad

Halp! .308 is nasty with rust (cat pee) and the BCG is seized (with a live round)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKUSP45C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Houston
    remove the upper-there is a space between the upper and the bolt where you can force the bolt open using a large screwdriver,,it's to the side a little,,I've used this method before,,if you try to force it with the charging handle,,that will ruin the handle,,this is after a good soak in oil,,also a wd-40 thru the gas holes in the bolt wtll help also

I took the upper off the minute I saw the damage, the lower is in good shape.

Can you describe the space a little more specifically? I'm comfortable with tools but, 'Id hate to stick a screwdriver in a hole meant for something else.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Any parts you decide are unusable or not worth paying to have fixed consider selling cheap?

There are some experimental finishes and treatments I would like to try on parts that wouldn't matter if they ended up worse than they started....

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    You could try the age old method of releasing frozen engine blocks. Soak it for a few days in a pool of transmission fluid and it will become free.

R/T Rifle Shop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Need to remove all the rust and old bluing, sand blast with aluminum oxide, clean and degrease then DuraCoat your gun. It will never rust again. I did several and they work great even if you leave it in your truck for months.

Top Bottom