Handgun courses in SATX??

Discussion in 'Training & Competition' started by CJGarza, Sep 8, 2008.

1. CJGarza

CJGarza Member

Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    A bit of background...I have my CHL. I practice, but I know not enough though, and just because I can hit the "10" ring in my target at 7 yards does NOT mean I have skills or training I can draw aupon to defend myself! I don't want to practice crappy skills, I want to learn real life skills that work. What I'm looking for is classes for beginners (I have NEVER taken classes before and am not arrogant enough to presume I should begin at a higher level) in pistol self defense (mabe shotgun later).

There are some classes at my favorite range, The Bullethole. Has anyone taken one of these? I did get my CHL training there but now that I have this resource (forum) I'd like to ask my fellow Texans if they have any advice.

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm beginning to see a TGT Movie night up ahead.

3. CJGarza

CJGarza Member

Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    Oh, I finally got it. GTG= Texas Gun Talk! I'm an idiot, I admit it!!

Oh and sure someone get the DVD's, I'll get the beer. All we need is a BBQ pit and someone to bring the steaks!

4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Travis (HK_Fiend) has the DVD's, we just need a date / time, and location.

5. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If anyone is interested, I am willing to work with anyone who wants to improve their skills. I shoot at Lone Star Gun Range in Lockhart, and I do not charge anything.{ I also do not work with large groups, 4 or less at a time}

LSGR allows drawing from the holster, engaging multiple targets, and moving and shooting.{ As long as range conditions allow, IE not a lot of shooters present}

Some of the people here have met me and know that I am not FOS. I am off work every other Friday -Monday and spend quite a bit of time training.

6. CJGarza

CJGarza Member

Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    That's not too far from me! Let me check my work schedule I will definitly take you up on your offer (and probably buy you lunch for your trouble at least)!!

7. Hoji

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Cool. My next weekend will be Friday the 19th-Monday the 22nd. Mondays are the slowest day and Friday's in the morning are pretty good. Sat/Sun are getting pretty busy with deer season being just around the corner, but early in the day is still kinda slow{till about 10 or 11}.

You do have to pay your range fees{ $17 the first time then $ 12 per day after that or $70 for a yearly pass and $65 the next year, unless he raises the yearly rate.}

8. CJGarza

CJGarza Member

Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    Lemme check with work so I can be sure I can get that day off, but as things stand, I should be there!!

9. Hoji

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Cool. Just let me know which day.

10. CJGarza

CJGarza Member

Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    I will definitly verify tomorrow but it will be a Friday!

Thanks.

BTW if anyone else wants to get in on this, jump in! Jus member, only 4 and I'm numba 1 !!!!!

You gotta love those smilies, right?