• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Here’s my Glock carry guns. No G22’s or G17’s, those were our duty guns and are stored. I hadn’t taken a pic of any Glocks until today since… Well, look at them.

They just fukn work.

C6FBDE33-E9F7-46A8-ACB9-2BD3CFE657F7.jpeg
    Target Sports

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Picked up this Glock 19 MOS for a steal. Came with the new Glock performance trigger installed.

Contemplating trading towards a VP9 optics ready, but not sure yet. Any thoughts?

473d4aa4f554b7fcff862b3ea6eba21f.jpg

Last edited:

Tony T

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2023
    Fort Worth Texas
    Picked up this Glock 19 MOS for a steal. Came with the new Glock performance trigger installed.

Contemplating trading towards a VP9 optics ready, but not sure yet. Any thoughts?

I've owned many different polymer framed "service" type pistols, and have shot many more. My interest in them has been as concealed carry candidates, and for this, I want a pistol that's just big enough to wield like a real combat pistol, and just small enough that I can conceal it well - in addition to the qualities you'd want in any gun, such as reliability, accuracy, and serviceability. I think it's obvious that the reason they are ALL compared to the Glock 19 is that the Glock 19's just-enough-ness across all categories gives it a Goldilocks balance that brings it to the top of most peoples' candidate lists. To excel the Glock 19 in one of these categories, you have to stray off that Goldilocks balance in some way. For instance, if you want a more ergonomic feeling grip, you probably end up with a grip that is bigger in one or more dimensions. For me, I actually LIKE the M&P 2.0 Compact more, but I choose the Glock 19. It is damn hard to beat.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx

Try it out first if you can I’d choose which ever one I was more consistent with accuracy wise. I’ve shot a vp9 and 19 I like the vp9 better but ugh I hate the way it looks but 2nd best ergonomic 9mm for me besides a Cz.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I've owned many different polymer framed "service" type pistols, and have shot many more. My interest in them has been as concealed carry candidates, and for this, I want a pistol that's just big enough to wield like a real combat pistol, and just small enough that I can conceal it well - in addition to the qualities you'd want in any gun, such as reliability, accuracy, and serviceability. I think it's obvious that the reason they are ALL compared to the Glock 19 is that the Glock 19's just-enough-ness across all categories gives it a Goldilocks balance that brings it to the top of most peoples' candidate lists. To excel the Glock 19 in one of these categories, you have to stray off that Goldilocks balance in some way. For instance, if you want a more ergonomic feeling grip, you probably end up with a grip that is bigger in one or more dimensions. For me, I actually LIKE the M&P 2.0 Compact more, but I choose the Glock 19. It is damn hard to beat.

Try it out first if you can I’d choose which ever one I was more consistent with accuracy wise. I’ve shot a vp9 and 19 I like the vp9 better but ugh I hate the way it looks but 2nd best ergonomic 9mm for me besides a Cz.

I ended up ordering a VP9 Tactical optics ready on Saturday, still waiting for it to ship. Might keep both the gen 5 19 and HK as I have owned a couple Gen 3 19s and a 17 and absolutely loved them for the reasons described above. They’re the standard for which I compare all other polymer guns to.

I will say I was comparing my gen 5 to a gen 3 I owned up til last week and the gen 3 was far more quality feeling. Slide racked way smoother, takedown was super easy and smooth whereas the takedown lever in this gen 5 is finicky and hard to pull down on both sides at the same time. I compared the two and I can only assume that it’s due to the gen 5 now having a coil spring keeping upward tension on the takedown lever vs the leaf spring that the gen 3 had. Why they decided to change this, I have no idea. Maybe they needed to make room for something, but I definitely consider that a downgrade.

The slide also snags on something during removal and you have to give it a bit of an extra push to get it off the frame, as compared to my gen 3 which didn’t have that problem. I think it might have something to do with the performance trigger that’s installed on this gun. There’s more moving parts in the fire control on the performance trigger as compared to stock, and there’s one thing that pivots that I think the back of the slide could be contacting with on on its way forward. It easily pivots out of the way but it’s still annoying lol.

Last edited:

Tony T

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2023
    Fort Worth Texas
    I ended up ordering a VP9 Tactical optics ready on Saturday, still waiting for it to ship. Might keep both the gen 5 19 and HK as I have owned a couple Gen 3 19s and a 17 and absolutely loved them for the reasons described above. They’re the standard for which I compare all other polymer guns to.

I will say I was comparing my gen 5 to a gen 3 I owned up til last week and the gen 3 was far more quality feeling. Slide racked way smoother, takedown was super easy and smooth whereas the takedown lever in this gen 5 is finicky and hard to pull down on both sides at the same time. I compared the two and I can only assume that it’s due to the gen 5 now having a coil spring keeping upward tension on the takedown lever vs the leaf spring that the gen 3 had. Why they decided to change this, I have no idea. Maybe they needed to make room for something, but I definitely consider that a downgrade.

The slide also snags on something during removal and you have to give it a bit of an extra push to get it off the frame, as compared to my gen 3 which didn’t have that problem. I think it might have something to do with the performance trigger that’s installed on this gun. There’s more moving parts in the fire control on the performance trigger as compared to stock, and there’s one thing that pivots that I think the back of the slide could be contacting with on on its way forward. It easily pivots out of the way but it’s still annoying lol.
    Hard to diagnose from here, but maybe check to see if the ejector is bent. It could be dragging on the slide.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Is that a Boker auto in the top right?

Yes, it was my first and only auto. Bought it before the law legalizing autos went into effect. I use it as a carbon scraper now because the spring that made it automatic somehow worked itself loose and I have no idea when or where it fell out.

Top Bottom