• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    As is, set tight. No need to be paranoid.

In the future, get the gun out before you leave. If " incurance policy" prohibits you from getting it yourself, tell the service writer "I want my gun from the console". And a bag to put it in.

I'll probably get flamed, but that's what I'd do, and have done multiple times.
    sounds good to me Bigun....:green:
    Lynx Defense

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    and he's gone..............:green:
    And see you later bye. Ya know when people don't get the answers that they like they get pissed. Especially when it was their own fault.

Timeis running out, you claim to be grown. Then act like it. I will not lose one minute sleep cause you got but hurt. I have bigger things to worry about.
    Come back if you want if not kick rocks.
    Seems to me people like throwing monkey wrenches intothe works and think its funny.
    My patients is growing thin. I care less what you do.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    And see you later bye. Ya know when people don't get the answers that they like they get pissed. Especially when it was their own fault.

Timeis running out, you claim to be grown. Then act like it. I will not lose one minute sleep cause you got but hurt. I have bigger things to worry about.
    Seems to me people like throwing monkey wrenches intothe works and think its funny.
    Well, his truck is ready and his ride is there.

I get being worried about his gun, but it isn't a huge deal. It happens and it was left with adults.

ikillbugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Gun Barrel City

I have no clue what you're talking about. I said I have to leave to go get my truck. What gave you the idea I was pissed? I asked for input and I got it.

In hindsight I should have took my gun out beforehand but I wasn't expecting to leave the truck there all day. By the time it dawned on me to retrieve it since I was going to leave it there, the truck was already on the lift with the wheels removed. This is the first time I have ever been in this situation.

My ride pulled up just as I was making that last post, so if it sounded like I was making a hasty getaway, well... I was. Couldn't keep him waiting!

All is well though. My revolver is nestled comfortably and undisturbed, right where I left it. My truck is fixed. Warranty covered $260 of a $390 repair bill. I got a hot dog and a coke on the way home. Life is good.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have no clue what you're talking about. I said I have to leave to go get my truck. What gave you the idea I was pissed? I asked for input and I got it.

In hindsight I should have took my gun out beforehand but I wasn't expecting to leave the truck there all day. By the time it dawned on me to retrieve it since I was going to leave it there, the truck was already on the lift with the wheels removed. This is the first time I have ever been in this situation.

My ride pulled up just as I was making that last post, so if it sounded like I was making a hasty getaway, well... I was. Couldn't keep him waiting!

All is well though. My revolver is nestled comfortably and undisturbed, right where I left it. My truck is fixed. Warranty covered $260 of a $390 repair bill. I got a hot dog and a coke on the way home. Life is good.
    Glad to hear all is well and you can relax.

I think he misunderstood based on Gregs post.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Glad to hear all is well and you can relax.

I think he misunderstood based on Gregs post.
    if that was the case then I apologize for the misunderstanding. That was not what I was trying to say (hell I even put a smiley face). Simply....his truck was ready, ride was there, anxious to go get his pickup/gun. I could see the vapor trail :green: he was gone.....

Didn't intend for it to be taken any other way......my bad. I'm gonna go cry now...:rolleyes::green:

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    I used to work at a tire shop and there were cars and trucks left with us many times were a pistol was in the door. The most that ever happened was we try to figure out what it is with out touching it or removing it. Than we just parked the truck in the parking lot locked it and put the keys behind the counter like we did with any vehicle. Any services ive been apart of for vehicles have been just the same experience.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    if that was the case then I apologize for the misunderstanding. That was not what I was trying to say (hell I even put a smiley face). Simply....his truck was ready, ride was there, anxious to go get his pickup/gun. I could see the vapor trail :green: he was gone.....

Didn't intend for it to be taken any other way......my bad. I'm gonna go cry now...:rolleyes::green:

Clown_Crying_Holding_a_Handkerchief_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_081219-042933-903042.jpg

Just funnin ya.........

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Just my little suggestion about responsible gun ownership: Know where your gun is at all times and don't lose control of it ever.

Don't make excuses.

Don't ask us to cry for your mistake.

The effective range of an excuse is "Zero Meters."

ikillbugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Gun Barrel City
    A revolver!!??? Hell, I thought you were talking about a REAL gun.
    PFFFT Very funny. Proven reliability... accurate... jam free :)

Just my little suggestion about responsible gun ownership: Know where your gun is at all times and don't lose control of it ever.

Don't make excuses.

Don't ask us to cry for your mistake.

The effective range of an excuse is "Zero Meters."

Been carrying a gun in my truck about a year now, never had the truck out of my possession with the gun inside until today. Thanks for the lecture! PS: Crying is optional!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Theft is one thing. Mishandling it is another. It's loaded and ready to fire. I'm not so much worried about theft as I am somebody getting hurt or killed just from mishandling it. If it's stolen, I can file a report and then it's not on me.

Your liability ranges from nothing to possible imprisonment and bankruptcy, depending up who does what with it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Your liability ranges from nothing to possible imprisonment and bankruptcy, depending up who does what with it.
    Serious question here. How could he be liable if the gun is left in his truck concealed at a shop with no further input from him? Maybe something hitting the trigger while the truck is moved is all I can think of.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

How do you see him culpable if the pistol is stolen from his truck? He would not be liable if someone steals his handgun from his vehicle and uses it in a crime no worse than if someone steals it from his home and does the same...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So in a similar scenario, a gun owner lets a plumber into their house to fix a toilet and during that time he steals a firearm and later uses it in the commission of a crime. How is the gun owner liable for that?

Top Bottom