Texas SOT

Has anyone tried these Texas-made spice seasoning blends?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Interesting product and company names. :laughing:

71xAzbdSnAL._SL1500_.jpg
    Texas SOT

tinplas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    San Antonio
    Legit. Made in San Antonio. An employee of mine is married to a girl who's family had a spice making (?) business. If I understood it correctly, they make it for someone out of Austin. I guess they came up with the blend and gimmick name and have the San Antonio shop make it for them. I don't know of it's the flavor or the gimmick, but it seems to do pretty well

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Legit. Made in San Antonio. An employee of mine is married to a girl who's family had a spice making (?) business. If I understood it correctly, they make it for someone out of Austin. I guess they came up with the blend and gimmick name and have the San Antonio shop make it for them. I don't know of it's the flavor or the gimmick, but it seems to do pretty well
    Possible it's only sold regionally then.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Basically coarse salt, garlic, celery salt, pepper, garlic, and a few other spices. We actually tried to duplicate it and found out it was cheaper just to buy it.

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    My wife bought some for me as a joke a few years ago, and I’ve been using it regularly ever since. The mixes have decent flavor, and I like that it’s locally made, as far as I know. We sometimes send it to non-Texas friends and family as gifts.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My main go to for seasoning for most things is Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning. Been using it for a number of years now, and sometimes use it to season instead of salt and pepper.

I really like the Bolner's Fiesta brand of pinto bean seasoning. Been using it for seasoning pinto beans for well over twenty five years.

Kroger's carries the Bolner's.

For smoking meats, I generally make my own rubs, and have been for many years.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    My wife bought some for me as a joke a few years ago, and I’ve been using it regularly ever since. The mixes have decent flavor, and I like that it’s locally made, as far as I know. We sometimes send it to non-Texas friends and family as gifts.
    Ditto here. The Mrs is a great cook and loves them.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    If anyone is looking for a really good TX made seasoning, try Two Gringo’s products.

It’s legit

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    b93987f72753192009d35e0082fed3a6.jpg

Made in Lexington, can be found at some of the smaller, kitschy places or ordered online. Got a few places in Boerne that carry it, but most big grocery stores won’t go for the name.

Top Bottom