Capitol Armory ad

Has anyone tried these Texas-made spice seasoning blends?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I tried that and liked it but seem to recall it has MSG.
    Cavenders All-Purpose Greek Seasoning, Salt-Free (No MSG) - 7 oz.

Cavender's seasoning is as distinctive in the foods of today as those prepared for the feasts of the ancient Greeks. Excellent on steaks, chops, roasts, meat loaf, chicken, fish, turkey, hamburgers, seafood, and wild game. Use in all cooked vegetables, gravies, soups, stews, casseroles, eggs, poultry dressing and vegetable juices. This Salt Free Cavender's seasoning does not contain MSG.

Ingredients: Potassium chloride, black pepper, corn starch, garlic, oregano, flavor base seasoning (Hydrolyzed corn soy protein, sugar, onion powder, spice extractives), parsley and five other spices.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Cavenders All-Purpose Greek Seasoning, Salt-Free (No MSG) - 7 oz.

Cavender's seasoning is as distinctive in the foods of today as those prepared for the feasts of the ancient Greeks. Excellent on steaks, chops, roasts, meat loaf, chicken, fish, turkey, hamburgers, seafood, and wild game. Use in all cooked vegetables, gravies, soups, stews, casseroles, eggs, poultry dressing and vegetable juices. This Salt Free Cavender's seasoning does not contain MSG.

Ingredients: Potassium chloride, black pepper, corn starch, garlic, oregano, flavor base seasoning (Hydrolyzed corn soy protein, sugar, onion powder, spice extractives), parsley and five other spices.
    Where do you purchase? I'll give it another try!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My main go to for seasoning for most things is Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning. Been using it for a number of years now, and sometimes use it to season instead of salt and pepper.

I really like the Bolner's Fiesta brand of pinto bean seasoning. Been using it for seasoning pinto beans for well over twenty five years.

Kroger's carries the Bolner's.

For smoking meats, I generally make my own rubs, and have been for many years.
    I was introduced to Tony"s by a few guys at a refinery we were working at several ears ago. Great product!

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Cavender's Greek...Just about pulled the trigger on the 5 lb container. Sorry to bust your bubble, but I read the ingredients, monosodium glutamate (MSG).

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'll let you investigate that one
    hell no2.jpg

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    I have to stay away from most commercial seasonings as they contain MSG outright or it is hidden as Natural Flavor. Wide is highly allergic and gets bad migraines from it. So I have resorted to trying to recreate. usually works out.

Top Bottom