• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    anybody else see this video - it's very disturbing to watch - especially if you love dogs

i wont post the link to the youtube video- you can find it if you want

it's a 3 minute video - the police are set up en masse working a barricaded suspect -and have the usual losers out in the neighborhood gawking and watching - video recording with their smart phones

one particular guy - the dog owner - is walking in the street -with his dog and basically taunting the police - just making a mockery of the whole thing and being a general douchebag

the cops ignore him -momentarily but start to approach him later - at which time he puts the rottweiler in the backseat of his car - windows are down

the cops put him in handcuffs to arrest him - and the dog becomes concerned about his owner and crawls out of the car - and becomes a bit aggressive to the police

this is where the video gets really disturbing - the dog lunges at one of the officers and 4 shots later the dog is in the street twitching like crazy waiting to die

i'm of the belief that the dog owner -who has a current lawsuit against the police and was likely looking for a confrontation he could video for his case - is the primary cause of this incident

but i have a hard time believing the police werent way over zealous or aggressive.....i dunno, i'm usually very pro-LEO - but i had a really hard time with this incident.....really unnecessary
    Texas SOT

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    I've seen the video, very sad for the dog, but if the owner wasn't a douche and minded his own business, wouldn't have happened. IMHO.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What did the owner do? I saw him walk back and forth shooting video. Then I saw him completely comply with the officers who cuffed him. Then he stepped forward to deal with his dog before they yanked him back.

A dog that was completely un-threatening.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    By your account of the video I would say the cops were justified and the owner is the cause.

Sounds like the dog could have been a good companion for a descent owner and a good asset for home defense and protection.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    By your account of the video I would say the cops were justified and the owner is the cause.

Sounds like the dog could have been a good companion for a descent owner and a good asset for home defense and protection.

Watch the video. I just did.

The dog barked, but was pretty mellow once he got out of the car. Actually stood by the cops a little bit. The "jump" the dog made wasn't a lunge, and his body language was pretty relaxed.

I didn't see anything the dog owner did that would merit an arrest.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Watch the video. I just did.

The dog barked, but was pretty mellow once he got out of the car. Actually stood by the cops a little bit. The "jump" the dog made wasn't a lunge, and his body language was pretty relaxed.

I didn't see anything the dog owner did that would merit an arrest.

this is kind of my thinking and i feel dirty that i'm even agreeing with you

however there is a line that people can cross that causes them to focus their attention on idiots like this rather than what they're actually there for - and that can be grounds for an obstruction arrest

i just didnt think the dog was aggressive to the point that he had to be shot

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    I agree that the owner was more than likely looking for a confrontation. I believe that was his music that can be heard.
    Before the third officer approached the dog, he was sniffing at the ground. Where in a normal person's head does it make sense to reach for an unknown dogs leash. Either way that dog was doing his job, he was the only one in that situation doing what he was supposed to do.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    this is kind of my thinking and i feel dirty that i'm even agreeing with you

however there is a line that people can cross that causes them to focus their attention on idiots like this rather than what they're actually there for - and that can be grounds for an obstruction arrest

i just didnt think the dog was aggressive to the point that he had to be shot

I completely agree. In the video, there wasn't a defined cordon, and there was nobody keeping a perimeter. Seems like if you need people to stay away, setting some of those things up might not be a bad idea.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress

he was arrested and charged with suspicion of obstruction, later the charges were dropped. After all they just shot the mans dog, so they had to arrest him for something or else people might think they did it for no reason.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Some people are sketchy around aggressive dogs. I've been attacked by a German Sheppard and it was a traumatic experience. I didn't get hurt very bad but I believe I'd be quicker to shoot a dog now a days after that. That being said I'd have shot the dog when it lunged at me like in the video. I blame the dog owner. He shouldn't have been in the street hollering and acting a fool.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    I completely agree. In the video, there wasn't a defined cordon, and there was nobody keeping a perimeter. Seems like if you need people to stay away, setting some of those things up might not be a bad idea.

I think this is the reason they are supposed to do that. but it is Cali. land of the tard

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I saw the video and posted it on my fb. In my opinion, the cops shouldn't have cuffed the guy. He was on his way out and didn't do anything that crazy to begin with.

That aside: the cops were absolutely in the right to shoot that dog. They tried to calmly control the animal. After the second or third try, the dog went to bite the officer who then drew on the dog. You could tell he was going purely off instinct and self defense to shoot the dog.

Doesn't matter how they got to that point. The dog made itself a threat and the officer was forced to draw.

carlosrowlett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    dfw
    I saw the video and posted it on my fb. In my opinion, the cops shouldn't have cuffed the guy. He was on his way out and didn't do anything that crazy to begin with.

That aside: the cops were absolutely in the right to shoot that dog. They tried to calmly control the animal. After the second or third try, the dog went to bite the officer who then drew on the dog. You could tell he was going purely off instinct and self defense to shoot the dog.

Doesn't matter how they got to that point. The dog made itself a threat and the officer was forced to draw.
    im not saying your blind or nothing, but where do you see that dog lunging? if that dog would of lunged you would sure as hell know it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Right before the officer opened fire, the dog tried to bite him. I'm not saying I'm happy it happened-it sucks. But from what I could see, the dog tried to bite and the officer very quickly retaliated.

Police Shoot Dog in Hawthorne, California - YouTube

I'm not saying some of you don't know what it looks like when a dog (and a strong one like a rott at that) wants to bite someone, but... some of y'all don't know what it looks like when a dog wants to bite someone.

What the dog does looks less like an attack, more like what my dogs do to me every day when I come home from work.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    The entire situation is messed up, and shouldn't have happened in the first place. When I first saw the video, I thought the cops were completely in the wrong in cuffing the guy, but completely in the right to shoot the dog. After I watched it again just now, the dog does make a small lunge, but it seemed to be more of a scare tactic, as the dog did it a couple of times and backed up immediately afterwards. The cops, im sure, could have used less deadly force, but if i'm the cop, that close to the dog, and the dog jumps at me like that, scare tactic or not, I'm doing what I need to do to assure I don't get attacked. It was a split second decision, and he chose to use his sidearm instead of a less deadly option (if he had it).

Top Bottom