• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    In my opinion, the only one in this scene that was doing what they should have was the dog that got shot.

It's a pity that the owner was a retard. He deserves punishment.
    It's a pity that the cops arrested the retard (for no apparent reason other than being a d-bag and I cannot find it codified anywhere that you can't be a d-bag), but didn't have him secure his dog. They deserve punishment.
    The dog was protecting his owner and did not deserve punishment, but the dog is left in a no-win situation by the other fucktards in this little play, so he takes the fall.

Damn shame.
    Target Sports

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Interesting discussion. One big question, cops were aware of the man, had been for some time prior to moving towards him. Cops were aware of the dog, obvious as to what breed. So, at what point did the cops take charge of, and secure the situation for their safety and the safety of others? If a person has, in their possession anything that could be a threat to the officers I would expect them to make the area safe for themselves and others.

Stupid dog owner, possibly, probably. Would I trust these officers. Not a chance, they failed on their approach to properly assess the situation and had to resort in shooting at a moving target, in an area where there were multiple innocent people. I would expect that any dog I own would have acted far more aggressive towards someone unknown to them coming at me.

Seems like they needed to bust a nut and grab the guy. Most likely wanting the camera/phone he had as we have seen these stolen/confiscated from cops before. Slowly walk upon the guy making him think everything is okay and then throw a verbal at him making him turn around and submit to the intimidation. Didn't matter what the breed of the dog it was as the two cops were shaking him down and where going to make it happen. Dog jumps out and its time to get some rounds down range.

Excellent police work protected by citizen paid lawyers, "by the book" arrest with no charges and a sweet multiple round ( a few flyers that may kill some innocent citizens but **** it haha ) killing justified by department policy.

LA is great place to work and raise a family...... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'll go out on a limb and say he acted like a complete ass?

Show me the code where acting like a complete ass is illegal.

He realized that shouting at the cops was getting on their last nerve and decided to leave, then loaded the dog up.

Show me the code where "getting on someone's last nerve" is illegal. I'd really like to see that, because I'll be citizens arresting half a dozen people a day.

Then, for some reason known only to him, he decided that instead of getting in his car and leaving he would walk around the back of the car towards the cops...while his 100lb + Rott was in the backseat...with the windows rolled completely down.

that shed a little light?

He put the dog in the car to get it out of the way of the police. When the police walked over, he was nothing but compliant.

Again, what did he do that was illegal. Even if he was rude, that's an arrestable offense!?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The version I saw was not only edited but the conversation between the two parties was impossible to hear. Not enough info to make a call IMO. I'm very suspicious of the claim they took him down for having the camera seeing as how they didn't care about any of the other people who were recording.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I would have shot that dog 10 out of 10 times if he came at me like that. As far the charges, I can't hear what is being said nor do I know what the police were doing there. At the point they have to stop focusing on whatever they are there for and tend to the colossal douche bag that is looking for a confrontation, he would be interfering with public duties, although I am not an expert on California law. How anyone can look at that and wonder why the cop shot the dog boggles the mind. California deserves what it gets. A bunch of cry babies that want bitch about any authority figure that tells them what to do. How anyone can operate as a LE officer there, amongst those confrontation seekers is beyond me.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Disorderly conduct would fit more than likely, public intoxication may have worked. Interfering with public duties may work. Probably come up with more if I actually tried. Not being able to hear the dialogue puts me at a disadvantage These guys go looking for trouble and then want sympathy when they get what they went looking for.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I'm with Sage on this one. Just a gross overuse of police authority IMO. Very sad and disgusting to watch this video. Was it preventable by dogs owner? Sure he could have walked away. But I don't believe he was obligated to. Cops need to get over this idea that they can't be videotaped on a public street. Forget the fact the cop took those shots on a crowded street full of bystanders.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    Maybe it was wrong for the police to cuff him. But people like this who instigate shit are wrong too. It's nobody's buisness what's going on at that house so why drive there with your dog and record it. That's stupid. Dog lunges aggressively at me(especially that close)dog dies!!! I don't give a shit if its my own $1000 AKC Great Dane and some mutt walking down the road.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Doesn't appear to have anything to do with being videotaped. Others were videotaping openly and police ignored them. Shots were not made toward any people that could be seen in the video. This bizarre fallacy that police are supposed to get bit by a dog and then they can decide what to do is bizarre and disturbing. Many of the cop bashers are the same ones that complain about crime. Irony.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Disorderly conduct would fit more than likely, public intoxication may have worked. Interfering with public duties may work. Probably come up with more if I actually tried. Not being able to hear the dialogue puts me at a disadvantage These guys go looking for trouble and then want sympathy when they get what they went looking for.

So you can't hear what was being said, but you could make up charges for someone who was filming (not interfering) a potential crime scene? This is why people don't trust cops and have a "its us against them attitude".

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    So you can't hear what was being said, but you could make up charges for someone who was filming (not interfering) a potential crime scene? This is why people don't trust cops and have a "its us against them attitude".
    I am not making anything up, merely giving possible options Texas officers could have used. I even acknowledged that I am at a disadvantage because I can't hear what he is saying. He absolutely WAS interfering, read Texas penal code 38.15. And for the record, any person who knows me knows there is zero 'us vs them' mentality on my part. I simply have little empathy for those who go looking for trouble and then find it and expect sympathy.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Cop needs to find a different line of work. Cowardice has no place in a LEA.

Those cops showed incredible and unnecessary restraint from what I saw. Like it or not, if a cop shoots a dog it's very likely jack shit will be done about it, so there's not much disincentive for them not to shoot. The video clearly shows them all hesitating; I got the vibe they really didn't want to shoot.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Those cops showed incredible and unnecessary restraint from what I saw. Like it or not, if a cop shoots a dog it's very likely jack shit will be done about it, so there's not much disincentive for them not to shoot. The video clearly shows them all hesitating; I got the vibe they really didn't want to shoot.

I agree 100%. And I am in no way a cop boot licker. I would have shot the dog if I was in that situation. I love dogs. I'm actually warn out from wrestling with my yellow lab all evening. I'd never put my dog in that type of situation.

Top Bottom