• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    What do you mean by "see what the status is"? I'm not all too familiar with the legislative processes, but if it passed this, shouldn't it be at the calendars committee already? Just curious.

Rep Fletcher's office should know just what is going on. Ask them.

You can take a look at the posting of the committee's agenda here, but there is nothing showing at the moment.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I did see just a very few "RUDE" comments. (If thats what you would call them) Telling him he needs do send it to the floor. Someone asked him to remove his comment so Pickett wouldnt have a bad taste in his mouth about all gun owners. He refused saying hes not giving up his 1stA.

Oh yeah, that douche. I marked his comment as spam.

Bersa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Dickinson, Texas
    Greg Bonnen Texas House of Rep. let me know that he got my email other than him tell me he supports HB700 he did not give me any news on when it would be voted on. Randy Webber District 14 congressman still no reply, Craig Eiland other than I know he got my email no response and no response from Joe Pickett. I guess we are all still in the dark.

Bersa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Dickinson, Texas
    526504_269420653194722_1068308473_n.jpg

Koma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    BAD NEWS TEXANS...

Unfortunately, Rep. Lavender has been told that Open Carry will not make it to the floor for a vote. Feel free to call Pickett (committee chairman - 512-463-0596) and Straus (Speaker of the House - 512-463-1000) and let them know how you feel about this. Get your friends to call, also.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm going to call and mail Perry's office asking that he call a special session to vote on HB700 and HB3218 if they refuse to vote on them this session. I doubt it'll do much good, but this is ridiculous.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I'm going to call and mail Perry's office asking that he call a special session to vote on HB700 and HB3218 if they refuse to vote on them this session. I doubt it'll do much good, but this is ridiculous.

We got OC on the roster for the special session after the last biennium. Never made it to the floor though. It's not outside of the realm of possibility.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Maybe if we let Pickett know if this thing carries onto special we are going to hound him all summer, might as well move it on to shut us up.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Maybe if we let Pickett know if this thing carries onto special we are going to hound him all summer, might as well move it on to shut us up.

You don't know Pickett's personality to you? He's smart (although has some scary ideas) and doesn't back down, he's kind of cocky......and being hammered by people already caused problems.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Might happen. Perry is threatening it.

I havent read that yet.
    You don't know Pickett's personality to you? He's smart (although has some scary ideas) and doesn't back down, he's kind of cocky......and being hammered by people already caused problems.
    What problems has it caused? I could be reading you wrong, but it seems like you want to blame the people for it staying where it is. Its not. Calls and emails are not the problem here.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I haven't figured out just what JK thinks should have been done.

Sit quietly and hope or the best?

Top Bottom