• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Don't remember the bill number and what the status is, but there was such a bill.

Edit:
    Found it. https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=HB2622

Seems the bill failed to pass the Senate

Edit #2:

I don't really know wtf is going on with this bill. The above link says it failed a Senate vote, but a twitter post by the bill's author said it passed the Senate 21hrs ago.

TLO has been having some issues lately. I think a couple of batch updates got mixed up. Now it just says it may or may not have had the third reading, but nothing about a vote and passage or failure.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    meh if the feds are after you having an un registered silencer is the least of your worries.

I personally have never had a fed show up at any place I am shooting and to my knowledge they have never been looking into me.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    meh if the feds are after you having an un registered silencer is the least of your worries.

I personally have never had a fed show up at any place I am shooting and to my knowledge they have never been looking into me.
    Take a gander at the utility poles around your house. They love putting cameras up there to watch people without warrants. I counted a handful one time in Phoenix once after I learned what they look like, or looked like then. I'm sure 10 years later they could be in anything now that all the new 5 g crap is popping up everywhere.

No they wernt around my house. Lol I was home visiting.

Google ATF utility pole cameras for some pics stories and a couple court cases about warrantless use of these cameras.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Take a gander at the utility poles around your house. They love putting cameras up there to watch people without warrants. I counted a handful one time in Phoenix once after I learned what they look like, or looked like then. I'm sure 10 years later they could be in anything now that all the new 5 g crap is popping up everywhere.

Google ATF utility pole cameras for some pics stories and a couple court cases about warrantless use of these cameras.
    Glad our utilities are buried...

W_kemp

Life is hard, it’s harder if you’re stupid
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Hugo, OK
    Hopefully Abbot will sign off on this, Texas is making big moves!!

what do y'all think? and what is your favorite suppressor brands that are based out of Texas?!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

Got any examples of what that one looked like? I'm curious. All the pics I can find seem really obvious. I'm wondering if it was an old ricochet access point or utility telemetry relay that you thought was a camera. Or a camera that looked like one of them.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well the feds ain’t been phucing with all the states allowing the sale of weed, and there is a tax stamp for it!

I have 3 Texas based suppressor, but the company no longer exists.

Actually, they have. Answer affirmative about ANY question w/regards to marijuana usage on a 4473, and see how quickly you're denied.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

Millerwb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Bryan
    Top Bottom