• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    So, he let it sit there to expire rather than to address it? He PERSONALLY didnt want it to go. Im thinking of emailing him and letting him know of my displeasure with him for not addressing HB 2756.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    The email I sent over...Had to keep it PG..

"Mr Hunter,

Please explain to me why HB2756 did not make it to the floor for a vote. As a registered voter, and tax payer, I expected this bill to hit the floor for a vote. I am tired of having my constitutional rights violated, and by not allowing this bill to go to the floor for a vote you have allowed that violation to continue. The voters of this state will remember this when it comes time to cast our vote for those that should be representing us and our rights! "

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    The email I sent over...Had to keep it PG..

"Mr Hunter,

Please explain to me why HB2756 did not make it to the floor for a vote. As a registered voter, and tax payer, I expected this bill to hit the floor for a vote. I am tired of having my constitutional rights violated, and by not allowing this bill to go to the floor for a vote you have allowed that violation to continue. The voters of this state will remember this when it comes time to cast our vote for those that should be representing us and our rights! "
    Sent a similar message myself this morning.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I had a feeling the lateness of this bill was going to kill it. Lavender should have known this as well, even if he is a first timer. He just got a lesson in how to make it appear that he supports something and how to kill it at the same time. Maybe he was sincere in this endeavor, maybe he was led astray by some one, maybe it was his intention all along. No way to tell. I lean toward the first. All I know is that I'm tired of fighting these boneheads.

This bill is DEAD, no other way to put it. Maybe I'm looking at the glass as half empty, but I call it like I see it. Open carry in Texas is as it was when I was a young man trying to get something done on this issue, too controversial to be handled by the likes of what we have in Austin. This will be a matter for the courts to decide. Give it up guys, this is not going to be handled by the legislature. Not now, not in 2 years. Not until the all mighty and all knowing nra and tsra get on board. We have cowards in Austin, and always will.

I'm moving to Arizona. At least the folks over there have a respect for the rights of the citizens, well, mostly anyway, and a durned sight more than the hacks in Austin. I never thought I would see the day that I would gladly leave my beloved Texas, I was born here and hoped to die here, but alas I will not.

This is exactly why I love (for the moment) this federation so much. If I don't like it somewhere, I can depart for greener pastures of another state. Well, at least I can for now. There will come a day when the feds will rule all, and it will not matter what state you are in, all the laws will be the same.

My words will no longer grace the pages of OCDO, LSCDL, TGT, or any other gun rights group. I'm retiring the 28th and want to relax and not worry about such things. I hope some day that the members of the nra and tsra (not capitalized intentionally) will see the light and they become a mere memory. Remember this, the nra helped write the GCA '68, and it is almost verbatum, Hitlers little gun control act. A little more light for some who didn't know this fact. Enjoy your nra and tsra membership guys and gals.

With a tear in my eye I say,
    Adios, my Texas,
    I put you behind me

Dennis Patterson

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I think the fact that the bill made it this far in this leg will be a strong motivation to push it in the next leg. Considering this bill made it as far as it did without TSRA or NRA support, I think it did well. The community on this board alone was somewhat split as to how much it was supported. I think those who didn't support it this time around will be more apt to support it in the next leg session. Employer parking lots came up in the last leg, but ran out of time if I remember correctly.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I had a feeling the lateness of this bill was going to kill it. Lavender should have known this as well, even if he is a first timer. He just got a lesson in how to make it appear that he supports something and how to kill it at the same time. Maybe he was sincere in this endeavor, maybe he was led astray by some one, maybe it was his intention all along. No way to tell. I lean toward the first. All I know is that I'm tired of fighting these boneheads.

This bill is DEAD, no other way to put it. Maybe I'm looking at the glass as half empty, but I call it like I see it. Open carry in Texas is as it was when I was a young man trying to get something done on this issue, too controversial to be handled by the likes of what we have in Austin. This will be a matter for the courts to decide. Give it up guys, this is not going to be handled by the legislature. Not now, not in 2 years. Not until the all mighty and all knowing nra and tsra get on board. We have cowards in Austin, and always will.

I'm moving to Arizona. At least the folks over there have a respect for the rights of the citizens, well, mostly anyway, and a durned sight more than the hacks in Austin. I never thought I would see the day that I would gladly leave my beloved Texas, I was born here and hoped to die here, but alas I will not.

This is exactly why I love (for the moment) this federation so much. If I don't like it somewhere, I can depart for greener pastures of another state. Well, at least I can for now. There will come a day when the feds will rule all, and it will not matter what state you are in, all the laws will be the same.

My words will no longer grace the pages of OCDO, LSCDL, TGT, or any other gun rights group. I'm retiring the 28th and want to relax and not worry about such things. I hope some day that the members of the nra and tsra (not capitalized intentionally) will see the light and they become a mere memory. Remember this, the nra helped write the GCA '68, and it is almost verbatum, Hitlers little gun control act. A little more light for some who didn't know this fact. Enjoy your nra and tsra membership guys and gals.

Adios, my Texas,
    I put you behind me

Dennis Patterson

enjoy your retirement and your move to arizona....... and dont worry about us Texans..... cya

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio

Adios, my Texas,
    I put you behind me

Dennis Patterson

Really? Drama much?

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas

Adios, my Texas,
    I put you behind me

Dennis Patterson

You mad?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Adios, my Texas,
    I put you behind me

Dennis Patterson

Have fun unloading your guns every time you drive into a school parking lot. And say goodbye to civil immunity for suits arising from justified shootings.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You sly dog you got me monologuing!

Seriously, could you waste any more of our time "gracing" our pages with such long winded rubbish?

(Go to 1:43, link not working right)

Top Bottom