• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Is it impossible these bills could get traction in a special session?
    Pity, I was for open carry whether i would use it or not, some folks might even if I don't- To each his own i reckon-
    I gave up on the NRA making sense on May 19,1986
    Guns International

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Someones on the same page as me. Fucking TX is becoming a wussy, liberal, political correctness state. However im not leaving until business/gun rights start going the opposite direction.

So far not a single draconian idiot anti-gun bill has ever had a lick of a chance. At least we considered these. I sure as hell hope something happens next time. Im going to be long gone from college though.

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    Personally I'd rather people keep 'em concealed. I am a CHL holder. You're entitled to your opinion, but not every gun enthusiast shares yours.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Personally I'd rather people keep 'em concealed. I am a CHL holder. You're entitled to your opinion, but not every gun enthusiast shares yours.
    Mine will stay concealed as well, but it would be nice to have the choice. In summer if I want to wear jean shorts and a loose T-Shirt, there will be less drama when someone calls in a MWAG. Not illegal in any way unless I am "brandishing" which is something completely different.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX

I am a CHL holder also but not because I believe in it but because it is a necessary evil currently in Texas. I am very disappointed that open carry failed once again. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I will never understand a "gun enthusiast" who will not support others rights to carry their firearms in whatever manner they please. This is not an "enthusiast" issue or a "hobbyist" issue but instead a constitutional issue and an infringement on the rights of citizens... anyway I guess we have to wait 2 years for this same fight again.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas

Agreed we are each entitled to our own opionion. However I see this as a "gain" in 2A rights and even if one is against it we all need to be for it because it only is one step closer to our Constituional right. When I vote for things I don't vote just because my vote will make things better for me. I vote because if it improves the overall good for all then I push for it.

Once it is passed you can do as you please. I live on acreage in the middle of nowhere and often open carry and like the freedom. I conceal off the property but sometimes would just like to not have to un holster. In talking with one of the deputies he was like it'd be fine with him, because it is our right. I grew up in one of the worst state for gun laws and no carry at all, Illinois. I do remember a time as a 14 year old, open carrying in my small town, going to the hardware store and buying centerfire ammo, sometimes only able to afford 1/2 a box at a time but there was no question asked. 2 years later the 1968 GCA took place and we didn't FIGHT BACK and let our rights go, even as a ffl for a time I didn't fight back and now Illinois has some of the most restrictive laws on gun ownership and no way to protect oneself. Bottom line is... do all we can to keep the values we have and FIGHT BACK when we can for the good of all.

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    Someones on the same page as me. Fucking TX is becoming a wussy, liberal, political correctness state. However im not leaving until business/gun rights start going the opposite direction.

So far not a single draconian idiot anti-gun bill has ever had a lick of a chance. At least we considered these. I sure as hell hope something happens next time. Im going to be long gone from college though.

I'm definitely on the same page with you brother in that respect.:patriot: Now this one has been around the block a number of times but I feel it needs to be re-posted as a reminder...

I don't carry a gun to

kill people.

I carry a gun to keep from being killed.:patriot:

I don't
    carry a gun to scare people.
    I carry a gun because sometimes this world can
    be a scary place.
    :patriot:
    I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world..:patriot:

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.

I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.:patriot:

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.

I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government..:patriot:

I don't

carry a gun because I'm angry.

I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.:patriot:

I don't

carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.

I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't

carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.

I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.:patriot:

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.

I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.:patriot:

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.:patriot:

I don't carry a gun because I love it.

I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.:patriot:

Police protection is an oxymoron.

Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.:patriot:

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an

ass whoopin'.....author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun

control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend
    themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911,

Turkey established gun control. >From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians,
    unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
    exterminated.

Germany established gun

control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who
    were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and
    exterminated.

China established gun control in

1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend
    themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala

established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians,
    exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970.

>From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were
    rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia

established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people,
    exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up

and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56
    million.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians

disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest

citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect
    only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans,

before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun

control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we

are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII

the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were
    ARMED!

If you value your freedom, please spread this

antigun-control
    message to all of your friends.

The purpose of

fighting is to win.

There

is no possible victory in defense.

The

sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than

either.

The

final weapon is the brain.

All

else is supplemental.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A

GUN!

SWITZERLAND'S

GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.

SWITZERLAND

HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER!

DON'T

LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL

LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

I'm

a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment!

Any questions??

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    My concern with open carry is that once it's legal 30.06 signs will start popping up like weeds.

A lot of people are afraid of that.

My response has been this:

Only a small portion of the population is licensed. Even if many CHL holders decided to open carry, the number of gun carriers entering any business would be small.

Most CHL holders would not OC all the time, if at all.

Not all business owners in Texas are gun-fearing Liberals.

I don't believe we'd see any appreciable change in 30.06 posting.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Well its looking like there will be a special session but I do not know whether bills that have not been previously voted upon are eligible.

HB 2756 wasn't voted on. It was approved for a house vote by the committee but the calenders committee killed it. A lot of bills got to the calenders committee AFTER HB 2756 that made it to the floor and yet they didn't have time to schedule it? Something fishy there.

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    HB 2756 wasn't voted on. It was approved for a house vote by the committee but the calenders committee killed it. A lot of bills got to the calenders committee AFTER HB 2756 that made it to the floor and yet they didn't have time to schedule it? Something fishy there.

Exactly the same thing happened to Campus Carry in 2009 and again with the House version this year. The senate version of Campus Carry was effectively killed in the senate by a couple of turncoat senators. We need to remember that. As far as I am concerned, that RINO, Strauss needs to go, along with every senator who said that they would vote to call it up and then didn't.

Still, we got two important bills passed, the employer parking lot bill and range protection. Try again in two years on both Campus Carry and Open Carry.

Top Bottom