• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I have two wells. The first one is about 400 feet deep with pump set at 380 feet, (in the middle? Trinity water table) good water but not many Gallons per minute.

I had a second well drilled a few years ago, (upper Trinity? water table) and it is 300 feet deep with the well pump set at 280 feet. Plenty of water (8 Gallons per minute).

The UPPER Trinity is HARD WATER, The Middle Trinity is SOFT WATER (kinda tastes a very slight saline/sweet).

Do some research on the Trinity Aquifer.

http://www.centraltexasgcd.org/sample-page/aquifers/

If you buy an established homestead, there will likely already be a well/septic system.

bob

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    If I remember right Texas does Not have any natural lakes. Wells abound all over the state, and there are even more dead wells by, oh, say, a hundred fold of those. Depending on where you land, and what has, or hasn't been tapped already could make a big difference on having a reliable well or not. As well how much money you'd like to put into it.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    If I remember right Texas does Not have any natural lakes. Wells abound all over the state, and there are even more dead wells by, oh, say, a hundred fold of those. Depending on where you land, and what has, or hasn't been tapped already could make a big difference on having a reliable well or not. As well how much money you'd like to put into it.

Texas has one natural lake: Lake Caddo.

flashhole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    motorcarman - we get snow too.

9lrT9pn.jpg

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I have two wells. The first one is about 400 feet deep with pump set at 380 feet, (in the middle? Trinity water table) good water but not many Gallons per minute.

I had a second well drilled a few years ago, (upper Trinity? water table) and it is 300 feet deep with the well pump set at 280 feet. Plenty of water (8 Gallons per minute).

The UPPER Trinity is HARD WATER, The Middle Trinity is SOFT WATER (kinda tastes a very slight saline/sweet).

Do some research on the Trinity Aquifer.

http://www.centraltexasgcd.org/sample-page/aquifers/

If you buy an established homestead, there will likely already be a well/septic system.

bob
    I would talk to your driller!

My well is at 728 ft and I pump at 628, yea makes the well a LITTLE more costly...until a drought hits and you run dry as my neighbor found out. He was pulling water at 20 ft short of well depth. He called me one eve and asked if I was getting water and said sure. Ended up his driller came out and drilled down another 75 or 100 ft to get water again. More costly the second time around.

servis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Denton County
    Will be looking for shooting ranges too, especially rifle. Believe it or not I shoot from the house here in NY. Best deer and turkey hunting is off my front porch. Anxious to learn the hunting in TX, how prevalent are hogs?
    Parker county was mentioned. There is excellent range in the Northern part of the county near a wide spot in the road called Poolville. Parker County Sportsman Club. Very reasonable yearly membership and you get a key to the gate. Range safety is seen to by the members. Reactive pistol and static pistol range, small bore, center fire out to almost 300 yds and automated trap and skeet. Great place to spend a day. I was a member until I moved to Denton county.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Be aware Parker county has county restriction against shooting or hunting on your property if it’s less than 10 acres doesn’t matter where at in the county either.

Sonny Bryan’s BBQ is the most flavorless BBQ I’ve ever had. At least the one by Alliance airport is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I hope Wise County STAYS rural and so far we have not had the influx of people other areas of the State has.
    We have a little over 62,000 people in the entire County. That may change and then city people will want laws against this or regulations for that.

When we have to 'emission-test' our cars, I guess I will consider moving. (I hate crowds)

Here is a .pdf from the local news paper article.

bob

Attachments

• 05-16-18Wise_Co_little_growth.pdf
      2 MB · Views: 380

flashhole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    Started the new job May 21st. Back here in NY for Memorial Day week. Had a chance to check out the areas. The two of interest are between Granbury and Godley then between Azle and Weatherford.

Had some good Mexican food and good BBQ. Beer is more expensive :( but then again there is no state income-tax.

We're excited about the move. Closing date on our NY home is June 26th. Which works out well. We had a pregnant mare, the baby horse was born Friday at 3 AM. He should be old enough to make the trek about the time we close on the NY home.

flashhole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    Wow, the entire area is a sellers market. Homes are not on the market long at all. Most sell in a matter of a few days.

We put an offer on a home in Poolville and it was accepted. Nice area, upscale homes. We went down from 33 acres to 5 acres. House is about the same size ~2500 sq ft all on one level. Home inspection was done today. We're soon to be Texans.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    We looked at the soon-to-be-ours in Duncanville the day after it hit the market, a Tuesday. I didn’t have a job so was doing our house hunting

Put an offer in Thursday.
    Accepted Friday.
    They got multiple offers Saturday...too late, of course.

It’s definitely a hot, sellers market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Wow, the entire area is a sellers market. Homes are not on the market long at all. Most sell in a matter of a few days.

We put an offer on a home in Poolville and it was accepted. Nice area, upscale homes. We went down from 33 acres to 5 acres. House is about the same size ~2500 sq ft all on one level. Home inspection was done today. We're soon to be Texans.

Well you will be not too far from the Parker County Sportsman’s club...

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I moved to Wise County from Tarrant County when the market was at ROCK BOTTOM in the early 1990s. I lost 30K on the house in Tarrant and the people I bought the acreage homestead I got here lost also.

You are trying to buy at the near top of the current market because people are moving here like they were in the early 1980s when Texas was booming and places like Detroit were declining.

Cyclical timing is the key to getting a good deal and this is NOT a buyer's market.

Welcome and good luck!!

bob

ETREDNECK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Pineywoods
    Sorry it didn't work out. Looked and it must have been the one with green rails on porch and swing. What was their problem with horses? We have way too many but in far east Texas. Wife won't part with them cheap and there's no market for them.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I too went from NY to Ft. Worth!

Okay, I was stationed in NY, VMGR-452 Stewart Air National Guard Base (USMC), to VMGR-234 Ft. Worth. Texas has been home for a few years now and it was just a move back home for me, I'm not actually a Yankee. Or perhaps I am? Not really and not even close. The squadron is called the "Yankees" and I hated saying that over the radios. Really was nice to come home and use a better call sign, "Rangers".

Anyway, welcome and enjoy Ft. Worth. Make sure you go visit Billy Bob's and enjoy real country music. I took several folks there over the years from NY and everyone always had a good time!

Top Bottom