• ...and so much more!
  • Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    HEB is posting 30.07 signs in every store.

Please go to HEB's web page, go to the bottom, click on Contact Us and leave them a message letting them know this is disappointing and will cause you to move your business elsewhere.

Even if you don't plan to OC, please help send the message to HEB, a Texas company, that abridging Texas citizen's rights isn't acceptable behavior.

NICELY. CALMLY. RATIONALLY.

Move my business where? Walmart? My closest town has one HEB, one WM and umm... nuthin' else.
    Texas SOT

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I'd rather see what I'm getting ahead of time with fruits, veggies and meats. I'm sure they are not cheap in rural and semi rural areas.

They only ship dry goods, no dairy or meat products. It is very handy though to get most of your groceries dropped off at your door.

HEB does that now too.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I am sure there is some kind of fee involved and I am sure its way more when you live outside a major city. If you have to go to the store to get fresh stuff whats the point in paying extra to get dry goods delivered.

They only ship dry goods, no dairy or meat products. It is very handy though to get most of your groceries dropped off at your door.

HEB does that now too.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I am sure there is some kind of fee involved and I am sure its way more when you live outside a major city. If you have to go to the store to get fresh stuff whats the point in paying extra to get dry goods delivered.

Yep. We buy more fresh than dry so what's the point and why pay extra when we have to go to the store anyway.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    My point was that Floresville has only one HEB and one WM. The only other stores that sell groceries (just a very limited few and they're expensive and poor quality) are the convenience stores. I could drive all the way to SATX but I ain't gonna. There are no home delivery services though I could surely qualify for meals on wheels if available here. So I'm stuck with HEB and WM, no matter my displeasure over their firearm policies.

Last edited:

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    So if it's 30.07 that leaves you the choice to cc, no carry, or go somewhere else. For me I just leave the firearm in the truck and shop. Since I don't oc 30.07 is mute to me.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Hell, I don't even have a CHL. I only go to town about once per week and am home the rest of the time so I really don't need one. I do carry in my old beat-up pickup truck but the pistol stays locked in the vehicle. That stated, I would shop elsewhere if I could.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

HEB does that now too.

Services like Instacart deliver everything including dairy and meat within the hour however they are still shopping it from your local HEB and I believe the point was to not give them your money if you disagreed with their policies, so never mind. :p

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm just trying to get as food independent as possible at this point (no, I haven't made huge progress).

HEB: Anti-gun. Owner is super liberal. Gave $1mil to get Pre-K for SA passed, thus screwing the taxpayers and rewarding the cities biggest loser parents. The same year they got their downtown location permits approved after wanting it for about 30 years. What a coincidence.

Walmart/Sam's Club: Supported Obamacare to further kill mom and pop businesses, thus screwing the taxpayers.

La Fiesta, Arlan's, Handy Andy, etc: Only in business because they place their stores in slum neighborhoods. Their business model is to cater to welfare recipients and price their food insanely high. The welfare recipients don't care bout getting a bad deal because, hey, it's someone else's money anyway.

Whole Foods: Anti-gun, prices are insane, customers are weird yuppie scum with zero personalities unless you "Infringe" on one of their many entitlements, in which case they act like raging animals. Youtube videos of people confronting assholes who park their Ferraris in handicapped spots show exactly what I mean.

They're all crooked as Hell and there are no winning options aside from becoming totally food independent, which almost no one will do.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm just trying to get as food independent as possible at this point (no, I haven't made huge progress).

HEB: Anti-gun. Owner is super liberal. Gave $1mil to get Pre-K for SA passed, thus screwing the taxpayers and rewarding the cities biggest loser parents. The same year they got their downtown location permits approved after wanting it for about 30 years. What a coincidence.

Walmart/Sam's Club: Supported Obamacare to further kill mom and pop businesses, thus screwing the taxpayers.

La Fiesta, Arlan's, Handy Andy, etc: Only in business because they place their stores in slum neighborhoods. Their business model is to cater to welfare recipients and price their food insanely high. The welfare recipients don't care bout getting a bad deal because, hey, it's someone else's money anyway.

Whole Foods: Anti-gun, prices are insane, customers are weird yuppie s$#@! with zero personalities unless you "Infringe" on one of their many entitlements, in which case they act like raging animals. Youtube videos of people confronting $#@!s who park their Ferraris in handicapped spots show exactly what I mean.

They're all crooked as Hell and there are no winning options aside from becoming totally food independent, which almost no one will do.

The whole foods guy is supposedly a republican.

It's been my experience than the upper crust of corporations are a Buncha kook leftists. Then the middle management guys in the trenches are conservative.

I've literally watched a CEO of a company who is a democrat, tell his folks Obamacare is why our insurance is going up for less insurance. Then follow up that with but it's an unintended consequence. Then increase the amount of part time employees significantly because the HR cost of 2 - 20 hour people is less than covering 1 full timer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The whole foods guy is supposedly a republican.

It's been my experience than the upper crust of corporations are a Buncha kook leftists. Then the middle management guys in the trenches are conservative.

I've literally watched a CEO of a company who is a democrat, tell his folks Obamacare is why our insurance is going up for less insurance. Then follow up that with but it's an unintended consequence. Then increase the amount of part time employees significantly because the HR cost of 2 - 20 hour people is less than covering 1 full timer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is actually a libertarian.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Libertarian Libertarian or Johnson/Weld Libertarian?

Good question.

Whatever he claims to be, his actions speak for him. WF is 06 and 07 posted. If I recall correctly the two ladies who own Half Price books are "Libertarian" as well, yet 90% of their locations are either 06, 07, or both. Talk is cheap.

On the positive side, their hypocrisy does inspire me to become increasingly independent, which I am succeeding at slowly but surely. Everyone I know eventually says I'm a PITA because of my principles. Well believe me, no one has to deal with it more than me!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    There are antigun gun owners as well. Just because someone has the signs up, does not necessarily mean they are anti gun. Might be an insurance requirement. That is what all of the gun show apologists say anyway.

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    our signs were letter decals on glass doors, so they cannot just fall off
    I will check them today and see if they are still there

Ours were too, but since I don't believe corporate policy has officially changed, I'm guessing the stickers must have been defective of something and fallen off the glass. I can't imagine a store director going against company policy.

I stopped by a different store in another town with my wife this weekend. They still had the 30.07 signs.

Top Bottom