• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Why does someone need to be "part of the OC crowd" in order to support gun rights? Nearly a million CHL holders in Texas carry significant clout but are powerless due to attitudes like this. Sad pathetic state of affairs. "Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me."

I definitely support gun rights and I am betting the million CHL holders do as well. Just because someone is a gun owner or CHL holder does not mean they support OC.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yep thats pretty weird. :clown:

It was a victory, but the rights of property owners to do what they wish is also a key right to me. Legally mandated signs are an effective compromise that protects all rights. I'm actually surprised at the number of locations putting up signs but I imagine that will fade over time unless the OCT crowd continues to unleash Snowboots and Banana Hammock Man.

Considering the few issues we've had with CHLs and 30.06 sign trespass, its purely my opinion but it appears to be working well, and once the hysteria dies down we can move forward further to more Constitutional based carry.

I think most buisness owners that post 30.07 will keep the signs up permanently. They won't want to be the one to decide to pull down the sign and have a gun related incedent follow. They won't want to "ruin a good thing" (in thier own view). This is just what I gather from talking to a few locals who have this type of positional authority. Can anyone say they saw 30.06 signs being dropped once posted?

I also think we've had so few issues with 30.06 violations because..well..the gun is concealed. I've gotten used to blindly going into a buisness without more than a quick glance at the door on the way in. One of the things making me hesitant about open carrying is if I go into a buisness with even just a gun buster sign posted that I don't notice, and them making a scene. I would politely try to excuse myself and leave if they bring it up, but after talking with anti-gun people who are ignorant of the laws and stats - I don't figure they'll keep the same tone. Unlike the OCT crowd, I'm not trying to make a scene while openly carrying.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I definitely support gun rights and I am betting the million CHL holders do as well. Just because someone is a gun owner or CHL holder does not mean they support OC.

Gun freedom benefits us all regardless of whether you personally agree with OC or not.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Exactly, if people who support OC are "offended" by 30.07 signs, they have every right to let the "offending" source know!

Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit!

uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    It was a victory, but the rights of property owners to do what they wish is also a key right to me. Legally mandated signs are an effective compromise that protects all rights. I'm actually surprised at the number of locations putting up signs but I imagine that will fade over time unless the OCT crowd continues to unleash Snowboots and Banana Hammock Man.

Considering the few issues we've had with CHLs and 30.06 sign trespass, its purely my opinion but it appears to be working well, and once the hysteria dies down we can move forward further to more Constitutional based carry.
    OMG, I actually agree with this. I'm ruined now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Gun freedom benefits us all regardless of whether you personally agree with OC or not.

Yeah, but there'll be more 30.06 signs posted tomorrow than there was 3 months ago.
    In the short term, we (TX CHL holders) didn't lose like OK did with their OC statute but TX CHL holders were hurt as much as they were helped with this law -IMO.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Doesn't OK signs not hold the force of law? If so they are slightly better than we are although the class C thing is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Yeah, but there'll be more 30.06 signs posted tomorrow than there was 3 months ago.
    In the short term, we (TX CHL holders) didn't lose like OK did with their OC statute but TX CHL holders were hurt as much as they were helped with this law -IMO.

Open carry will be legal. One less restriction on gun owners. How could you construe that we would be "hurt"? Businesses who have been long time anti-gun but just too lazy to post 30.06 signs or were just ignorant of the law are now being forced to show their hands.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Open carry will be legal. One less restriction on gun owners. How could you construe that we would be "hurt"? Businesses who have been long time anti-gun but just too lazy to post 30.06 signs or were just ignorant of the law are now being forced to show their hands.
    Yeah.....Seems a lot of people have been showing their true colors since OC passed......

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

That may be one of the more delusional a statements I have read.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'll miss the tortilla-crusted shrimp!

Just tweeted: https://twitter.com/thatmikereed/status/682782378364776450

jCP50z2f8bYiaETlgEu UAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
    thatmikereed
    I'm rather sad this NYE. Just made my last trip to @HEB until they stop abrogating Texans' rights to self defense. @WalMart, here I come!
    12/31/15, 10:36 PM

AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    I have read the alternative of Walmart a couple times in this thread.

Wondering if anyone can shoot holes in this theory . I just moved down from small town AK to TX , we had two gun shops locally and the old codger that runs the one is a die hard 2nd A supporter. We also have a Walmart in town , which in a remote area with one other grocery store and very few choices to shop is huge.
    Anyhow this guy has never stepped foot in that Walmart in the 20 or so years it has been there, and claims that Walmart and their corporate management is anti gun that do more to kill gun rights than help, even though they sell guns and ammo. Says their big wigs are in some NJ town and staunch anti gun folks......I can see the "Walmart killing the small guy" angle as he definitely can't compete, but was wondering if anyone had any other info..?

May be complete BS, but curious if anyone else knows this to be true or false.

I would think there would be no gun sales if it were true, but the world is a crazy place.

* I may be wrong on NJ its been a while since he told me this.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom