• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dellis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

You're no different from the Fudds that "fully support the 2A" except for xxx type of gun because they don't use or need it.

I just came home from shopping with my wife. Raining here is San Antonio so I had a jacket on. In the store it got to be kinda warm. So before I removed my jacket I went outside and searched for any signage. Nothing. So I went in and removed my jacket which displayed my weapon plus extra magazines. For me personally THAT"S what I like about the open carry. So you see I am not "against" open carry but rather I am discreet in how and where I chose to open carry.

I am not a zealot for either side as both can be done as I just demonstrated. No one was offended as far as I know, no one asked me to put my jacket on. As far as I know no one reported me.

Now as for your arguement, do you not believe that there are some people who do not need or should not be allowed to carry a weapon? I go to the range almost every weekend and every time I see some dolt who should not have a firearm. Also it makes no sense to argue about "guns" after the fact that both concealed and open carry people already have the gun. So I do in fact fully support the 2A, for both open and concealed but I am not getting my panties all twisted up over a privately owned business saying they don't mind conceal carry but don't allow open carry.

This is akin to a gay couple wanting a cake baked by someone who they already know will not bake them one based on their religous beliefs just so they can raise a stink when there are 50 other bakers in town happy to bake them a cake! If I go up to a place to eat and they have signage I will turn around and spend my money elsewhere. Simple as that.

If it's a "constitutional right" to open carry then is it not a "constitutional right" for a private business to refuse you service?

Great chat people, this is helping me get to my 25 posts quickly which I appreciate!

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    How+about+a+cow+_e7a76b5e8e6d05b20b3d439e8dc87ff2.gif

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Yes, very much so. I spend a great deal of money locally here on guns, ammo, supplies. I am searching for land now to open a training facility. So yes, very pro-gun.

Your logic would say because I do not see the logic in a place of business denying open carry I am deceitful in stating I am "pro-gun"?

Just buying guns for yourself doesn't really mean you are Pro 2A

Dellis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    I'm waiting to see who gets to decide which dolts should not have a firearm

Well we would first have to define a "dolt" I reckon. I would suggest someone who loads the bullets backwards in the magazine would be a good canidate, eh?

Then again I reckon we can't legally keep guns from "dolts" unless they have a criminal past but sure would be nice if there was a test for common sense and gun ownership...and voting. When people can't name the vice president but can name the winners of the last music awards I am not sure I want to trust that persons vote, even though legally I can't do anything about it.

Then we have drivers who suddenly can't drive when it starts to rain. And they PASSED a test! A true drivers test should be done on Chicago's frozen roads while dodging the pot holes!

Don't get me started on people loading up a 4800 calorie lunch then asking for a large DIET coke!

Dellis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Just buying guns for yourself doesn't really mean you are Pro 2A

Wow..really? So what do you think it means?

"Hey, that guy buys a lot of shoes! He must really like shoes, huh?"

"Nah, he buys as many shoes as he can cause he hates them. He doesn't want anyone else to have them, selfish basturd!"

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well we would first have to define a "dolt" I reckon. I would suggest someone who loads the bullets backwards in the magazine would be a good canidate, eh?

Then again I reckon we can't legally keep guns from "dolts" unless they have a criminal past but sure would be nice if there was a test for common sense and gun ownership...and voting. When people can't name the vice president but can name the winners of the last music awards I am not sure I want to trust that persons vote, even though legally I can't do anything about it.

Then we have drivers who suddenly can't drive when it starts to rain. And they PASSED a test! A true drivers test should be done on Chicago's frozen roads while dodging the pot holes!

Don't get me started on people loading up a 4800 calorie lunch then asking for a large DIET coke!

maybe I think you are a dolt for your post. You OK if I get to decide who can carry based on what I think a dolt is?

Dellis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    maybe I think you are a dolt for your post. You OK if I get to decide who can carry based on what I think a dolt is?

Wow, who pissed in your corn flakes?

You should be able to tell by my post it was in jest, the context of my post would indicate that LEGALLY no one can decide who can and cannot have a gun except the laws on the books, which would be a criminal record and such, correct?

So yes you can think I am a dolt all darn day and that's your right.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Wow..really? So what do you think it means?

......."

Take a ham and egg breakfast and think of the difference between involvement and commitment

The chicken is involved
    The pig is committed

Some of the folks on this site spent lots of personal time and money fighting to get OC passed
    Allot of us financially support gun rights groups with money and time
    They lobby lawmakers for our gun rights
    We don't just join to get a sticker for the back window of out pickup truck

I'm not judging you because I have no idea what you have or have not done
    I'm only clarifying what I think of as being
    "Pro gun '

Last edited:

Dellis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Take a ham and egg breakfast and think of the difference between involvement and commitment

The chicken is involved
    The pig is committed

Some of the folks on this site spent lots of personal time and money fighting to get OC passed
    Allot of us financially support gun rights groups with money and time
    They lobby lawmakers for our gun rights
    We don't just join to get a sticker for the back window of out pickup truck

I'm not judging you because I have no idea what you have or have not done
    I'm only clarifying what I think of as being
    "Pro gun '

Hey Vmax,

May I ask where, in any of my posts thus far, have I been "anti 2 A" or "anti-open-carry"?

I stated in fact where I open carried earlier this evening. My whole point is it's the rights of every single business, or at least should be their right, to refuse service to anyone. Would you not agree?

Do open carry people want to impose their "constitutional rights" on all business yet deny said rights of business owners? I have no beef with anyone here nor with anyone who wants to open carry. Yet I respect the rights of a place that wants to deny open carry and/or conceal carry, I may not agree with them but that's fine cause I spend my money elsewhere. That's capitalism...I think.

So I believe I have clearly stated my stance or better, personal opinion on this matter enough that most critical thinking people understand it, and I will move on from the topic cause we are running out of horses to beat, I reckon.

Take care

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Hey Vmax,

May I ask where, in any of my posts thus far, have I been "anti 2 A" or "anti-open-carry"?

I stated in fact where I open carried earlier this evening. My whole point is it's the rights of every single business, or at least should be their right, to refuse service to anyone. Would you not agree?

Do open carry people want to impose their "constitutional rights" on all business yet deny said rights of business owners? I have no beef with anyone here nor with anyone who wants to open carry. Yet I respect the rights of a place that wants to deny open carry and/or conceal carry, I may not agree with them but that's fine cause I spend my money elsewhere. That's capitalism...I think.

So I believe I have clearly stated my stance or better, personal opinion on this matter enough that most critical thinking people understand it, and I will move on from the topic cause we are running out of horses to beat, I reckon.

Take care

My vote here would be to put noobs on probation for the first 30 days of membership here. Sounds to me like you came here to stir up shit. Quit being a dolt.

Dellis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    My vote here would be to put noobs on probation for the first 30 days of membership here. Sounds to me like you came here to stir up shit. Quit being a dolt.

Or better said,

"Hey, this guy doesn't agree with me/us 100% so he is a dolt! But after the 30 days he should be just fine. Also, I can't argue intelligently so I will insult!! Now, where's my coffee?"

If you give it some deep thought, if I am a dolt on the first day why would 30 days make me a non-dolt?

Again, no where in any of my posts was I rude to anyone posting here nor did I claim open carry was wrong or an unpardonable sin did I? Right? This is a topic fueled by emotion, not so much thought and reasoning. My argument is valid.

I honestly do hope ya'll have a great Sunday....it's a beautiful day for the range so I hope ya'll get the chance to get out and enjoy it. For me...I am replacing a sink and toilet, it's not all bad though cause the old ones gives me something to shoot!:50cal:

Top Bottom