• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisMo68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Hurst, TX
    Hi TGT, On my way out to the Houston area from Southern CA. I am moving out in the next few weeks for a few job interviews. My family will be following me out in July. My family is very excited for this new adventure. Has been a 3 year process getting out to Texas, but the time has finally come. I hope you all can bear with me as i learn Texas gun life,(or unlearn 32years of Californian gun life) :banana:

Welcome, from another So. Cal. transplant. We came here from Temecula almost 4years ago now. Haven't looked back yet, except to try and get my son and his family to see the light and relocate as well...

macidcrook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2016
    Magnolia
    Welcome, from another So. Cal. transplant. We came here from Temecula almost 4years ago now. Haven't looked back yet, except to try and get my son and his family to see the light and relocate as well...
    I'm pretty sure my family will follow us out there in the next few years. All of them are in temecula. I like temecula alot but not the state. One of the reasons we are moving to the Woodlands is cause it is very similar to temecula, will help my wife adjust a little better.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Houston government is decidedly liberal. Mayor is anti gun, but so far has not tried to override state law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Los Angeles 310 transplant here.. i have been clean and sober... i mean a born again Texan for 6 years now. I have no desire to go back... if you stop by Knotts can you pick up a few jars of Meat Relish.. yummy.. Ill pay you when you get here.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    ... wait a tick... 2008 join date.. that means i have have been here for almost a full 8 years. =0) what part of houston are you moving too?

macidcrook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2016
    Magnolia
    ... wait a tick... 2008 join date.. that means i have have been here for almost a full 8 years. =0) what part of houston are you moving too?
    I wish I had made the move in 2008, would have been financially easier for me that's for sure. We are moving to the woodlands/spring area

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    I wish I had made the move in 2008, would have been financially easier for me that's for sure. We are moving to the woodlands/spring area

Thats my hood. well plan a range day when you get here / Spring Guns & Ammo is a good spot.

ChrisMo68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Hurst, TX
    Thats my hood. well plan a range day when you get here / Spring Guns & Ammo is a good spot.
    Looks like I may need to plan a trip down Houston way.

With a bit of notice, would love to join you guys at the range.

Any of you guys ever shoot out off of 79 on the BLM property behind the trailer campground?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

macidcrook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2016
    Magnolia

I have stopped in there a few times while i was out there, really nice guys. Even when they sarcastically showed me how you all remove magazines from semi automatic rifles haha.

Looks like I may need to plan a trip down Houston way.

With a bit of notice, would love to join you guys at the range.

Any of you guys ever shoot out off of 79 on the BLM property behind the trailer campground?

I shot out there along time ago. it has been closed for a while now. they only real BLM spot is out by perris now. but i actually found a spot in lake elsinore where no one hassles you. It is gonna be hard to not have BLM land in Texas. i loved the freedom of BLM. any long range 800yd+ ranges in the area. Ive looked around at quiet a few but not alot of the websites actually say what is available to shoot.

ChrisMo68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Hurst, TX
    I have stopped in there a few times while i was out there, really nice guys. Even when they sarcastically showed me how you all remove magazines from semi automatic rifles haha.

I shot out there along time ago. it has been closed for a while now. they only real BLM spot is out by perris now. but i actually found a spot in lake elsinore where no one hassles you. It is gonna be hard to not have BLM land in Texas. i loved the freedom of BLM. any long range 800yd+ ranges in the area. Ive looked around at quiet a few but not alot of the websites actually say what is available to shoot.
    Yep, I remember when they shut it down. My kids were extremely disappointed. The longest range I have found up here in DFW is 300yds. Not that I've looked real hard

macidcrook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2016
    Magnolia
    Yep, I remember when they shut it down. My kids were extremely disappointed. The longest range I have found up here in DFW is 300yds. Not that I've looked real hard

I am hoping i meet some one with some land i can "barrow". haha but there seems to be alot of ranges in the houston area, so hopefully i can find one that fits good.

Top Bottom