• Status
    Not open for further replies.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Also, if you you are only shooting a gun for 10 minutes at a time, you shouldn't be carrying for self defence at all. That is no where near enough to train yourself to shoot accurately.

Welcome to the forum.
    Venture Surplus ad

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'm typing on a phone for a few moments I'm busy doing everyday things. Sorry if I mis-spell or have run on sentences I don't have the time to spell check or put punctuations.

and im the smug one .. got it homes

th

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How did I miss this thread?

To the OP: How old are you?

Glad you are in to guns, but it sounds like your knowledge of firearms comes more from video games than real life. People point out technicalities because they often matter.

Appreciate your fathers service, but it doesn't give you credibility in any way. Only respect to him for his service.

Of course the rifle was stamped .308, why limit yourself to 7.62X51 when you could fire both?

You won't find a semi auto HK MP5 cause HK doesn't give a shit about you. Odds of finding a 9mm clone are extremely rare since HK filed a lawsuit against the company that made them and forced them to stop. .22 LR is about the best you will do.

Settle in and learn something. We all start somewhere, the attitude we start with is what determines how much we learn and how far we go.

Sent from my HAL 9000

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    HK won't sell you a HK94 because:

1. They don't own the machines to build them any more.
    2. They are banned from importation by name, thank your lawmakers for that.
    3. They are obsolete 1960s era designs. The new designs that replaced them: MP7 UMP G36 etc... are deemed too evil for lowly commoners to possess and thus are not allowed to be imported. HK tried selling neutered versions like the USC and SL8 but they weren't very popular so they got discontinued.

If you truly want a genuine Made in Germany HK94 or 91 you'll need to find an old gun that made it into this country before they were banned. It's going to cost you too. I believe HK94s and SP89s are going for ~$5000 or more these days.

The Mark 23 is probably the only one on your list you can easily find. The biggest HK dealer in TX (Bachman Pawn & Gun) recently went out of business, but I've seen ones for sale at AJC and Schramm Ammo & Weapons tables at gunshows.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you tell me you want to buy 5 clips for an AR for $30 I would send you 5 clips that are used with an AR upon receipt of payment and you would be pissed when you got the 5 clips. Although I would have sent you exactly what you had requested. Hell, I'd sell you 5 clips for $25. All in perfect working order, almost no wear. Free shipping.

Sent from my HAL 9000

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    .308 and 7.62 NATO aren't always interchangeable, but commonly are. Don't ever assume

Good luck on your endeavors.

Hitting a paper silhouette at any distance does not equal capability in self defense. That thought is wrong. This isn't a video game.

A gun at anytime could take your life or someone else's, so you better be on your "P&Qs" at all times, life could very well depend on it. If you don't feel that way, then you don't respect guns enough to own them.

In one post you preached education to better yourself, but then showed ignorance of calling something a name it's not and defending said ignorance. A little contradictory, yes?

That's it for me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So much contradiction in one post. And so much fail. To much to cover on my phone (which I can easily use and still keep the basic principles of grammar).

I'm out. And I offered to sell clips, not magazines. They are different things.

I'd say this thread is destined for fail, but I'm pretty sure it's already there.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    So much contradiction in one post. And so much fail. To much to cover on my phone (which I can easily use and still keep the basic principles of grammar).

I'm out. And I offered to sell clips, not magazines. They are different things.

I'd say this thread is destined for fail, but I'm pretty sure it's already there.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Agreed! IBTL

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    So your V12 truck (or car, the reader can never be sure when you "write") can accelerate from 0 to >600mph in 6"? That's fuggin awesome! How 'bout some pics & specs?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom