• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I'm not allowed a motorcycle by spousal decree so I stick to my old Trek mt bike. I did have a Jawa motorcycle at one time that was distinctive but many Hondas over the years. Here is similar Jawa to my old 2-stroke. Jawa was somehow part of CZ at one time.

I wouldn't mind riding again, though...

View attachment 412329
    I was married, raising 2 girls. One evening walking the lap dog, a 100# Pyr pup (Juno - ju know a good name for this dog?) on retractable leash held by right hand while on the MTB, she zigged when I zagged. Left brake lever embedded in right leg missing femoral by centimeters. The staphylococcus aureus infection was FAR worse than the injury!

First bike at 15 was a '76 Suzuki 250 Ram Air, been licensed ever since. Later an '81 RM125 and then an '82 GS1100EZ. Fastest production bike available; that bitch should have killed me at 19 dumbass years old. After a long hiatus, current ride is 55K miles on an '09 K13GT with very minor leg burns from the pipe cuz I'm just stupid that way.

Tell your misses bicycles are dangerous and you deserve a motorcycle, let's ride! My dog and K13 pictured, the GT is a likeness.

Juno 12 04.JPG

20200513_194526.jpg

d689712c-caa0-44fe-998b-5f3de7d1d142.jpg

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I was married, raising 2 girls. One evening walking the lap dog, a 100# Pyr pup (Juno - ju know a good name for this dog?) on retractable leash held by right hand while on the MTB, she zigged when I zagged. Left brake lever embedded in right leg missing femoral by centimeters. The staphylococcus aureus infection was FAR worse than the injury!

First bike at 15 was a '76 Suzuki 250 Ram Air, been licensed ever since. Later an '81 RM125 and then an '82 GS1100EZ. Fastest production bike available; that bitch should have killed me at 19 dumbass years old. After a long hiatus, current ride is 55K miles on an '09 K13GT with very minor leg burns from the pipe cuz I'm just stupid that way.

Tell your misses bicycles are dangerous and you deserve a motorcycle, let's ride! My dog and K13 pictured, the GT is a likeness.

View attachment 412346

Oh no!, not that nice doggy didn't do that! Terrible story about the mt bike. My buddy was bike riding in the neighborhood awhile back, got bumped by a car and fell over. Even with helmet he ended up with bad vertigo and cost him his career. Us old guys don't fall like we did when we were younger, I guess. I'd still get a MC if one fell in my lap, and they have before.

Cheers!

TheSinfulSaint

TheSinfulSaint
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    McKinney
    I'm not allowed a motorcycle by spousal decree so I stick to my old Trek mt bike. I did have a Jawa motorcycle at one time that was distinctive but many Hondas over the years. Here is similar Jawa to my old 2-stroke. Jawa was somehow part of CZ at one time.

I wouldn't mind riding again, though...

View attachment 412329

Welcome.

Wow, that brings back so many memories. I never knew Jawa was known in US much. Over the years when I mentioned the name, I got crickets looks. And these were hard core riders.

Did you have a Jawa here or overseas?

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Welcome.

Wow, that brings back so many memories. I never knew Jawa was known in US much. Over the years when I mentioned the name, I got crickets looks. And these were hard core riders.

Did you have a Jawa here or overseas?

It was at a garage sale in Tucson 35 years ago and spotted a bare bike frame... then a chrome gas tank, over there the motor. Also a milk crate full of the other parts. I bought the whole kit for $50. They didn't know anything about it and there was no Internet back then. So I put it together, it was all there, amazing enough. I cleaned it up, painted the fenders, but otherwise not much but assembly. 2-stroke street bike. I don't think it even used a battery.

I couldn't figure out how to start it as it had no kick-start. Took awhile until I figured out: the gear shift swung back to also be the kick starter. It ran great, no issues. Tires a bit dry, but young and poor. I don't think I had a title, but I did sell it to the MC shop when I left the State, for $300.

Thanks for kind welcomes, y'all !

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Oh no!, not that nice doggy didn't do that! Terrible story about the mt bike. My buddy was bike riding in the neighborhood awhile back, got bumped by a car and fell over. Even with helmet he ended up with bad vertigo and cost him his career. Us old guys don't fall like we did when we were younger, I guess. I'd still get a MC if one fell in my lap, and they have before.

Cheers!
    When we bailed out of the truck on weekends, Juno ran (more like a trot) 200yds straight into the lake. She loved the water and ME more than those 3 icky girlz.

Was he a pro athlete or dancer? Maybe administered CV vaxes and kept missing? Particularly since I'm single, I'm definitely more careful / deliberate when doing something that could cause injury. Well then get a damn bike and let's ride; shops are open tomorrow.

Top Bottom