• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    So if i have full coverage on my Tahoe and i choose to drive my sisters truck,that has no insurance (just using as example), your saying that my Ins. would not cover my accident if i was at fault? I think that might be incorrect.

Tell ya what - call your agent and ask that same exact question. When he tells you what I've already told ya, ya owe me a beer. I ain't an insurance agent, but I was responsible for obtaining/maintaining fleet insurance for a number of years.
    Gun Zone Deals

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Tell ya what - call your agent and ask that same exact question. When he tells you what I've already told ya, ya owe me a beer. I ain't an insurance agent, but I was responsible for obtaining/maintaining fleet insurance for a number of years.

How bout i just come to NB and buy you a beer anyways for the hell of it. But i get to drive your car!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    How bout i just come to NB and buy you a beer anyways for the hell of it. But i get to drive your car!

Works for me! An' as long as you can dodge the .45 rounds comin' from Schoolmarm's .45 as you attempt to jump into HER turbocharged Lincoln, go for it!

Girl Scouts.jpg

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    So just throwing this question out there, why wouldn't you have collision coverage on every car you have? Its just not that much more expensive to not have it. I have a 79 Ford Truck that is probably worth like 3k, but I have full coverage insurance on it...

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I found that after I turned 25 AND was married, my rates dropped like a rock. VERY little difference in full and liability coverage as well as my deductibles. Now I keep 100 dollar deductibles on my Tundra, Camry, and 81 Rx7.

Clay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Texas
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes you lose.

Take your lumps.

Learn your lesson.

Don’t do it again.

That’s as good as you’re going to get.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So just throwing this question out there, why wouldn't you have collision coverage on every car you have? Its just not that much more expensive to not have it. I have a 79 Ford Truck that is probably worth like 3k, but I have full coverage insurance on it...

Because on older vehicles they will total them rather than repair them.

In your case they will probably total the vehicle for a very low sum rather than repair it. So you will have paid collision all these years and get next to nothing.

Top Bottom