• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Could be just needs the cables reconnected inside.
    i can turn screwdriver and not affraid to work on computer but never done that. How difficult and any tips/tricks? 7 miles away radio shack has $22 kb, good idea.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    hey, hold ma beer, now - watch this crap

67yuhjnm

I go to Radio Shack and snag the keyboard then to my HS Wifi spot to down load Wolfies recommended programs and find out the stuck keys are now working. I can't even hazard a guess as to what caused the problem or what corrected it. Maybe it was the guy that backed his truck into my car at the store. Seriously happened.

Well I'm GTG, thanks to all for the help. Thanks TRN and sorry to bother you Wolfwood.

Why does weird crap like this happen to me? Oh, you can throw your trash in my room now ;-)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You should be able to plug a USB keyboard into it an' be back in business....have done that before.

USB keyboards are cheap. I spilled a beer on mine a couple months back, couldn't resurrect it and found out they're like $7 at Best Buy. Figure I'll buy a few to keep around as spares...

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    USB keyboards are cheap. I spilled a beer on mine a couple months back, couldn't resurrect it and found out they're like $7 at Best Buy. Figure I'll buy a few to keep around as spares...

??? How often do you kill a keyboard that you feel the need to keep spares??? You're not one of them food/guns/ammo hoarders, too, are you?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hey man it was no problemo

tell your freinds how awesome i am, but dont mention i work for free on the interwebz. ;)

were you playing games or otherwise getting the laptop hot when the malfunction occured?
    probably nothing to worry about since it fixed itself, but now you've got a spare KB for when the probelm finally develops

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ??? How often do you kill a keyboard that you feel the need to keep spares??? You're not one of them food/guns/ammo hoarders, too, are you?

it's hoarding if you have 500,000 copies of Moby Dick, it is not only reasonable, but responsible to have 500,000 9mm JHPs.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I am not sure what the problem could be...

dirty-keyboard.jpg

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    USB keyboards are cheap. ...
    The smallest kb the Shack had was wireless and $40, but I'm gonna return it and get a $7 cheapie backup just n case

were you playing games or otherwise getting the laptop hot when the malfunction occured?
    No gamer, I do run a small heater under the desk but nothing new, done that for years. Truely no explanation for malfunction or correction.

Beat the hell out of it with a hammer then buy a new one.
    My hammer will survive a good keyboard beating cuz I don't buy them from the dollar store

I am not sure what the problem could be...

dirty-keyboard.jpg
    Can't be mine, no .22 cases sprinkled on the keys. I've been known to shoot out the window from the comfort of my chair (note to self, insist morning walkers wear bells on shoes for their own safety).

Ok, don't go all gun safety nutz on me. I do shoot safely out my window because I am VERY aware of the surroundings. Here's a view, more or less, out said window

View attachment 11703

Top Bottom